[Namron] Is there a Scottish version of my name?

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Mon Oct 24 18:11:54 PDT 2005

Aelisia wrote:
> I was curious if anyone knew if there was a documentable version of
> the name Aelesia (Like Alicia) in a Gaelic Version?  Or something
> sounding like a-lease?   (you know, like taking "a lease" out on an
> apartment, LOL)

"Feminine Given Names in A Dictionary of English Surnames" at:
http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/reaneyAG.html
... has several variations listed.

"A List of Feminine Personal Names Found in Scottish Records" at:
http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/names/scottishfem.html
... has Alicia and Alycie.

I also strongly suggest reading some of the material at:
http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/scottish.shtml
... where the Academy of S. Gabriel has their home.

But before you get too excited about a particular spelling or source,
please run it past the Baronial Herald.  He can tell you which sources
might have accuracy problems.

Baron Ulf