[Namron] Hi Annais

Mary Dryfus marydryfus at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 14:41:53 PDT 2006

Hi Annais!

Why didn't you sign your e-mail? If you have something
to say you should be proud and stand by your words.

To brow beat others for rumormongering and then hide
behind a pen name? Annabelle Fitzsimmons is correct.
It is hard to take you seriously when you won’t even
sign your true name.

Mary

> Dearest Cousins,
>
> What at a sad day for Namron today doth be.
>
> A malicious and malignant rumour regarding a certain
valued member of this
> group hath cometh unto mine ears.  This person was
made a Companion to the
> Order of the Sable Storm of Namron for her devotion
to her office.  She didst
> hold this office when all else wouldst have nothing
to do with it.  Many calls
> didst go out for a replacement, yet those calls went
unheeded.  Our Lord Baron
> and Lady Baroness didst praise her widely and
without hesitation for her
> accuracy, thoroughness, and timelimess in her
reporting.  And Their
> Excellencies did holdeth her in highest esteem.
>
> Yet, the rumor is that that she didst leave the
office of the treasury in a
> "disaster".  And that other not quite "above-board"
events happened whilst she
> was in office.
>  !
> This vicious rumor doth border upon slander.  And
methinketh that the Lady in
> question doth have enough proof for mundane legal
action.

> I do wonder if these kind and gentle folk have
talked with the person they
> are vilifying to get her perspective upon this
matter, before they repeat
> this abhorrent rumour to others?
>
> Did Kingdom ever have to come to our Baron and
Baroness because of problems
> with the treasury of Namron during her tenure?  No.
>
> Has Kingdom had to do so with the current treasurer?
 Yes.  And as such, his
> warrant was not renewed this time.  His perpetual
lateness in reporting and
> refusal of offers of help lend itself to the
perception that this barony has
> been in jeopardy of losing its status.
>
> And why is this vileness being spread at this time?
Could it be to help
> elimina! te her from getting the position again?
Perhaps to promote someone
> else for the job? Or mayhap it do be because people
just enjoy spreading
> "dirt", "ill will", and "licentious gossip"?
>
> In my few years in this pleasant Society, I hath
never heard someone's
> character defamed like this Lady's without
substantial proof.

> These actions, in my opinion, are reprehensible.  We
are a Society founded
> upon Chivalry and genteelness.  We are to represent
ourselves and others as
> such.  This sort of behavior is base and foul.
>
> Unto those Good Folk who have contributed to such
feindish rumour mongoring:
> Shame be upon you!
>
> Unto those Good Gentles who were happily unaware of
such, my most sincere and