[Namron] Hearing dog collar - mystery solved

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 13:20:36 PDT 2006

With some help from my friends and some research, I have discovered a collar for my dog that meets the historical requirements and the legal ones.  Except for "lap dogs" who had metal collars that are a lot like Egyptian bracelets, dogs wore collars  with spikes to keep other dogs and other critters from biting them on the neck.

Well . . . I found a place with a spiked collar that is orange!  I ordered it and an orange leather leash.  So, Jewell will have garb of her own for the SCA.  Keep your eyes peeled for her new attire.

Lady Isobel de Kirkbryde
Deputy Hospitaler, Barony of Namron
Guild Head of the Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis, Kingdom of Ansteorra