[Namron] RE:Dead Horse

Samarrah bint Annaan samarrah_bint_annaan at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 08:53:44 PST 2006

Isobel,

If you are willing to start the tree, why don't those
of us who'd like to be included on your list just give
you our numbers?  At least that's a start and then you
can work things out with the Senechal about recieving
information from him so that you can get on the tree.

You may take my information first if you like.

Samarrah bint Annaan & Rouda Bjorn Villhelmson
H: 405-867-5709
W: 405-867-4748
My Cell:  405-249-3990 (local to OKC)
His Cell:  405-249-3989  (Also Local)
and his pager:  405-770-4061  This is a Metrocall
Pager and as such recieves text messages.  just go to
www.metrocall.com, enter the number in the appropriate
box, and type a 200 or less character message.  Then
hit SEND.  Bjorn will have a detailed message from you
instantly.  Also, our cells have phone mail, home &
work does not.

Hope this gets you off to a good start!

Love,
Sami

--- Isobel de Kirkbryde <kirkbryde at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Matthias the Brewer <matthiasthebrewer at cox.net>
> wrote:              v\:*
> {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:*
> {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:*
> {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape
> {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
> st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
>            HOWEVER, I think we’ve beaten this
> dead horse to death and beyond.  We’ve gone way
> past the point where  we’ve established that some
> of us perceive a problem to exist. Let’s  quit
> bitching and wanking about this, and solve the
> problem.
>
>   I have a suggestion for a couple of the problems.
>

>   I agree that a phone tree should be started and
> have even offered on  more than one occasion to
> assist in its formation.  However, that  has been
> ignored.
>
>   There is a standing Newcomer's meeting on the 2nd
> Monday of every month  at my home.  Maybe newcomer's
> can't find populace right now  because it is moving
> around, but my house isn't.
>
>   Now, a gripe of my own.  I have offered several
> times to assist  with in areas where I thought I
> could help.   I have a hard  time getting officers
> to respond, too.  Most of my offers to  assist the
> Barony don't get a yes or a no, but are just
> ignored.
>
>   1.  One issue took a year to get a response and
> then only with an  ultimatum did I get an interim
> response.  It's back on hold  again.
>
>   2.  Newcomer's meeting I just started and even
> without much  support, I keep plodding along.  In
> case anyone wants to know we  did have 2 new people
> attend last month.
>
>   3.  Another suggestion went into the black hole
> almost 2  years.  I stil have no response -- no
> "yes", no "no", and not even  a kiss my what. w/o a
> response.
>
>   4.  As I mentioned above, I offered to start a
> telephone calling  tree but have not been blesssed
> with the list of the populace or any  way to start
> it.
>
>   I also wish I knew what it takes to get a response
> to offers to help in  thei Barony.  Emails, direct
> face-to-face conversation, and  telephone calls have
> netted nothing.  I have even relied upon the
> respect and "rank" of my husband to no avail.
>
>   I wanted to play in the SCA for over 20 years.  I
> have to admit, being on the inside, it is a whole
> new ball game.
>
>   Lady Isobel
>
>   P.S. Annais, will you please call me again?  I
> don't have a number to return your call. 364-0270.
>
>   Lady Isobel

<DIV>
<DIV>Lady Samarrah bint Annaan, Princess of Pie Procurement, Den Mother of Puhka Lovr University, Mother to Michaella the Merguard and Billy the Mortally Mundane,wife to her beloved Rouda Bjorn Wilhelmson, The Iron Bear of Bjornsstead</div>
<DIV> </div>
<DIV>God be with you in every pass. Jesus be with you on every hill.</div> <DIV>Spirit be with you in every stream, headland, ridge and law,</div><DIV>each sea and land, each moor and meadow, lying down and rising up,</div> <DIV>in the trough of the waves or on the crest of the billow.</div><DIV> Each step of the journey you go, go with God.</div>
<DIV> </div>
<DIV> </div></div>