[Namron] For Sale: Two Salwar Kameez with Matching Dupattas $15.00 Each

BardessOfTheSted at aol.com BardessOfTheSted at aol.com
Sat Jul 29 02:27:42 PDT 2006

Greetings All!

Yes, I am selling something else on the list!  (Again, sorry for the
advertisements here!)

I purchased two Salwar Kameez sets online from India, and unfortunatly they
do not fit!  They're too tight across the chest, and are unpleasent for me to
wear.  Selling them here is just easier than trying to send them back.  They
are lovely and made of a very breathable fabric so they'd be nice for a summer
event.  Not to mention, the salwar kameez's are very comfortable to wear anyway!

The Kameez's are prestitched, but I'm sure you talented ladies out there
could do some altering to fit your own body type.  There's plenty of fabric for
most because I wear about a 22 or 24 in Women's.  The pants are completely
unstitched (Mainly because I didn't want to pay $12 to have him do it...trust me, I
paid him enough!) so you're in luck so you can make the pants any size or
style you wish!  Also, both Kameez's are 36 inches in length approx.

(Descriptions/Pictures of Kameez's below)

Before I get into specifics, the FIRST one to contact me by EMAIL (Either on
or off list) will get them.  (I'm going to go by time stamp so there's no
confusion.  And after what happened to the poor mundane woman last time, I'm going
to exclude the phone.  Just makes it harder anyway!  LOL  Now, if the first
person decides he/she doesn't like them at Populace (Which is where I will
deliver them to) the second person who contact will get next grabs and so on.

In any case, here's the link w/ pictures and info....

 eBay: Cotton salwar kameez with pre-stitched neck (item 290003840943 end
time Jul-03-06 12:36:16 PDT)

This is the first one.  The fabric that makes the main body of the Kameez is
a shade darker than the picture, FYI, but is lovely anyway.  The neck is as
you see it in the photo.  It does have a liner on the main body, and the sleeves
are opened on the outside of the sleeve and has a hook and eye at the wrist
to dramatise the effect.  Also, the sleeves are 20 inches long I believe.
(These could be taken in to a smaller arm by just running an extra seam underneath
the arm without taking anything away from the fabric.)

The fabric fo the pants is a match to the main body (starting to think it
looks a little like linen?) and again is unstitched.  There is a nice pre-cut
lace put into the fabric at the top and the bottom of it which can be used if
wanted in the hem of the pants.

The dupatta is the color you see in the photo matching the neckline, and has
bits of embroidery all over matching the color of the kameez.

Here is the second one....

 eBay: White base salwar kameez with embroidery (item 290002943854 end time
Jul-03-06 12:36:25 PDT)

This one I was disappointed in because it is NOT red like the photo shows.
It is actually a light to medium pink.  (But, the embroidery on the kameez
accentuates it well!)  The kameez is a nice textured white, again, with emboridery
on it as the picture shows.  It has been lined on the main part of the body
and has a simple round neck.  The sleeves are 22 inches long with a wide wrist.
 Again, could be taken in the same way.

The pants (again, unstitched) are a medium pink.  (They're a little bright,
but not flourscent...just colorful.)  They match the embroidery wonderfully.

The dupatta is as you see, only pink.  It's a very soft sheer fabric that
will drape well.