[Namron] Namron's Castle Wall/ A Call For Painters

variglog at sbcglobal.net variglog at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 16 20:50:17 PST 2006

The Barony has received a generous donation to build a Castle Wall we can use for fighter demos and as a nice backdrop for other events.  Who knows, in the future it can perhaps be expanded upon (remember when you got your first set of Legos or starter Erector set?)

To keep it simple and cost effective, I have designed a 2 part wall, each section being 12 feet long and 8 feet high.  They can be set with a space in between to serve as a "gate."  Construction is exterior plywood facing supported by large triangular uprights on the back.  And everything is designed to be broken down for easier transport and storage

Today, I began building the uprights, which are the "working side" of the wall the public won't see.

But very soon I will need help in prepping/painting, specifically artisans who can turn that plywood (it will be primed grey) into a beautiful stone facade, maybe complete with a couple windows and  some vines growing up the "grout work.

I plan to work again Sunday, weather permitting and off and on next week.  So please, if you would like to help, or just come by for a look, let me know.

I can be reached at 360.4150

In Service
Herr Wolfgang