[Namron] Populace meeting notes

Annais de Montgomerie maleahladywait at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 18:24:34 PDT 2006

The application for next year's Beltane steward closes
at the 2nd populace meeting next month.

There is a new knight marshall for Namron-Ld Terrance

The new treasurer is Lord Duncan MacGregor.

As a courtesy, the following is a brief run down of
the happenings at tonight's pop meeting.  If I left
anything out, it's because I couldn't hear or couldn't
type that fast.

I did a brief spell check before posting.. any other
errors are my own.

Annais

The applications for Herald will close at the end of
pop tonight.

Lord Thomas, Seneschal, gave brief multimedia
presentation for the Namron website.  This covered the
horde of GP mediums that were purchased awhile back.

These pictures will be on the Namron website by
tomorrow 5/17/06.

Sheik Abdull was called forward by Her Excellency.
She said that there was a long tradition in Nmaron
that someone keeps the negatives, usually Adbull, Her
Excellency presented him with the negatives (a DVD) of
the documentary that was done on Namron.

Beltane Steward report-Lady Kathryn said it went
smooothly.  she is not aware of the final numbers, and
she knows of no incidences.

His Excellency-thank you very much, was a fun event.
Crown saw many happy faces.  And not many passed out
faces, that was the important part.

Her Excellency- thank you tho the inn of the weeping
unicorn did a great job.  And made Namron look good.

Protectorate steward-Lady Danielle-has a list of 94
different jobs that she needs filled.  There is
something for everyone.  If you have questions about
the jobs, she has job descriptions for you to read.
They will be available until all the jobs are filled.

Other than that, things are going well.  Some side
discussion on work days that are needed; repacment of
list ropes, etc.  Read your Plume, read your list,
call Their Excellencies, call the event steward for
more info on work days.,

Hospitiler-Lady Danielle-announced Aidair's birth.
The baby is doing well, and the parents (Syr Owen and
Lady Genevria) are happy and proud.

New Knight's Marshall-Lord Terrance-fighter practice
will continue to happen, bards are welcome.  He went
on to say that after a day of hard fighting, he needs
the bards to remind him what it's all about.  There
will be a fighter practice at 2pm on Sunday.

Lord Thomas announced that scroll painting at Thomas
and Anya's house is every non-pop Wednesday's.  The
thing that needs to be done right now are Protectorate
invitations.

No business from the chronicler.

A/s minister-new A/s champion -Sabine ( something
French) did a nice black work chemise.

There were about 10-15 entrants.  His E there were
many good pieces.  Sabine's documentation was good,
very easy to read.

Words from Their Excellencies- stepping out from
behind the table.  Belatne is over.  It was a bit
haphazard, but it worked.  Thank you for those who
helped pitch tents.  Addy, the Baronial Amazon, broke
the caber.  Thanks to the cooking guild; lunch and
dinner were excellent.

For the folks who made breakfast, it was a group
effort. And was good.  the tavern was a last minute
thing by Ly Suzanna and Cat did an outstanding job,
please thank them when you see them.

Over 280 people were there.

Thanks to Ld Ithreal, spent much time on the site
tokens.

Thanks to all the judges on the A&S competition.  It
was a very hard decision.  We couldn't do it
ourselves.

Thanks to all the judges for the bardic-we asked the
past winners of Namron's bardic to judge.  There were
some very good pieces.  If you weren't there, you
missed some beautiful peices.   Some of our history
was done by Master Aethelstan.  And a HUGE bonfire.

To all of those who had any thing to do with Beltane,
you have our heart felt thanks.

One of the things that happened at Beltane was we got
5 new archery marshalls authorized!

Talked about having more archery shoots this summer.
With much socializing.

New things that happened...Please provide feedback.

Conrgratulations to those who received awards from the
Crown.

The Crown said that he had a wonderful time and he
promised to return next year.

Don't be surprised to see Mahdi at Med fAire.  He
shows up occasionally.

Torsads and other awards received were listed off.

Eldern and Steppes are comeing- Ulf and Mi are day
tripping to Eldern.  Ulf and lady-in-waiting,
Caidhlah, are going to Steppes.

Castellan after that, Their Excellencies will be
there.

for Steppes, how many will camp?  Let's get together
afterward and discuss group camping.

4th of July-many of us went to Sammara's house and had
a good time.  We had such a good time, that the
bonfire started itself.  Bjorn and Sammara have
invited all of us again.  On the Saturday before the
4th.

For those who couldn't be at the documentary, we will
show it after the meeting tonight.  There are
resetrictive copies available.  Joe(the documentary
dude) will be recutting it to go on public television,
OETA.  Until then, no other copies than those of the
seneschal, hospitiler, and Baron and Baroness.

Reminder that tomorrow night, that there is a Black
Star labeling party and pit luck dinner at Barat's house.

Hugs,

Annais

.....random thought......
Carol Channing doing Ethel Merman doing Gilbert and Sullivan doing Simon doing Garfunkel
...now playing at the adult movies

....did you go straight to claymation with soundtrack?....