[Namron] FW: Chaucer's Pick-Up Lines!

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Thu May 4 08:53:56 PDT 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 10:26:21AM -0500, Foster, Shadow (HSC) wrote:
> Ummm, can someone translate? I still haven't figured out how to read
>Old English very well and it would take me all morning to get through
>this message.

This is Middle English, which is _very_ close indeed to what we speak.
Old English is a much tougher nut to crack.

Just read 'em aloud. The meanings come through pretty well, and if I were
to translate them, then:
o	The translations get pretty rude;
o	Some of the lines are _bad_; and
o	You'll learn more by doing it yourself.

If, after reading them out loud, you still need some help -- with the
translations, damn it! -- I'll see what I can do.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO