[Namron] OT: It just occured to me....

Monica Healy mrsjacq at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 13:30:32 PST 2006

Where you are located in Oklahoma has a great deal to do with the activities
and services available. in the OKC metro the Areawide Aging Agency is a
great resource as is the mass transit system's senior ride. The OKC Moore
and Norman parks services offers a program with Areawide Aging Agency that
serves lunches and has various activities through out the week and month
bingo, card games dances etc. If you are in the OKC metro you might also try
Sunbeam family services and ask abourt their programs for seniors as well as
Goodwill. Good luck! Hope that I've helped a little bit.
Monica

On 11/5/06, Nico Cinocco <cnicocinocco at yahoo.com> wrote:

> While reading all the various messages with knowledge of programs in
> Oklahoma,
> made me realize that someone around here might just know of some resources
> that
> I can use for my mother.
>
> She is 70 and forced to use a walker by severe arthritis. Having moved to
> Oklahoma only a few months ago, she knows few people here and is not
> particularly SCA-minded. I have not had time to do the proper research on
> what
> might be available to her, but would ask that any and all gentles might
> contact
> me off-list/ privately with contacts or programs that would help her get
> out of
> the house and/or to social programs. The few things that we have
> identified
> seem to be not working out so far so I am certainly hoping this missive
> finds
> that good gentle that already jumped these hurdles.
>
> Ld. Niku ho Choriskardia
> mka Nico Cinocco

Love is the answer.