[Namron] Events

Friend, Kimberlee Kimberlee.Friend at healthsouth.com
Tue Oct 17 08:23:29 PDT 2006

I know and understand that the Equestrian Championship tourney was just
used as an example here, but it would be a *very* sad day for the Barony
of Namron and the Kingdom if the equestrian tourney (or *any*
championships list) were to be cancelled because of lack of an
appropriate site.  For those of you who do not know, the Kingdom
Equestrian was started in our very own Barony through the tireless
efforts of HL Valia of the Mist, Lady Wren of Wolf Star, Lady Shelena of
Wolf star, Baroness Caitlin and several others ( I apologize if I left
anyone off that list).  So the Equestrian is something I think Namron
really needs to stick with.  One event a year should not be that hard.
And we have a slew of new people interested in Equestrian in our group
and in the North and I know that want it to keep going.  I believe, and
Katie and correct me if I am wrong but I believe that we had 9 riders
for this years competition.  That is a good turn out for up here in the
North.  It's been growing every year and if there are sites south of the
Barony we can use, that means a few less hours to haul and a better
reason to put the event down as one to go to.

The sites are there, several people from the Barony and outside the
group, both in the past and fairly recently have taken the time to find
them.  I do think it is way past time to check into these sites, if the
good gentles who have done the research (Grimmie and Chass come to mind
immediately) still have their lists maybe the Seneschal, Officers and
their Excellences can take a gander and see what all is out there.  Time
is a wastin', Beltaine is only seven months away and Protectorate 12
months, the time to look for a new site is now, not a couple of months
before the event.

In Service

Lady Deirdre ni'Raghailligh

Kim Friend