[Namron] Event list

Grimmie ldgrimhun at cox.net
Wed Oct 18 05:49:26 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ulf Gunnarsson" <ulfie at cox.net>

> So here is my list for Protectorate, or part of it, of things I look for
> in a site.  It is not in any order, as my priorities and yours are
> certainly different (coffee pot accessibility outweighing all other
> things...)
> Large enough area with level ground and no holes for a list field,
> safety ropes, and surrounding pavilions.

We can fill in small holes.

> Area suitable for equestrian activities (larger, flatter, and absolutely
> no holes)

We can fill in small holes.

> Area for corralling horses.

They can bring rope and fence poles or port a corral fencing.

> Parking for a few hundred vehicles real close to the camping.
The fond memories of Lake Duncan 1/4 mile to the end of the parking. LOL

> Accessible for wheelchairs and gimpy old barons.
A must. Maleah & Gwenith has maps to all the ankle twisters.

> Area for a hafla (can be at list field in a pinch, but...)
If they drum they will come.

> Kitchen for cooking a feast for 150+
Were getting soft. any one remember the half cooked chicken on the campfire
or the spaghetti buffet feast. Cringe.

> A hall big enough to seat a feast for 150+
Were getting soft. Just pore the rain water out of your plate every once and
a while. Or it will make the soup go farther.Chuckle.

> A permanent pavilion or two. For the Tornado revel, Interkingdom.
>

> Showers
We can make them. Besides I think the ladies enjoyed standing on the ladder
filling the shower water tank while the fighters showered to much. Te He

> Hot showers
Lades in cold showers, WOW we could make a portable hot water tank.

> Flush toilets
Nice but we also have porta so we could always have porta only. If they
would keep them pumped. Can we say town potty run. Blush.

> Restricted access to the site
Like Lake Taylor?

> Alcohol allowed
Like Camp Cookie Land?

> Garbage dumpsters
If brought it you can haul it off.

> Running water at multiple spigots
Water buffalos.

> An ice machine
Rent a ice machine.

> A working land-line telephone
What is that?

> Close to a hospital
With life line how close is that? Any War.

> Close to a grocery store
Any war. Bring it or make a group run.

> Close to a Wal-Mart or equivalent
Any war. Bring it or make a group run.

> Within 1.5 hours of Norman, OK
That is a reasonable request.

> Lacking complex directions to get there
A must or good signage.

> Multiple electrical outlets at each camp area
Nice but not A MUST.

> Established fire rings
Nice but not A MUST. The ability to decide if we want a fire pit in our
camp. Oops not the dreaded fire ban. Grimmie has a portable propane fire pit
w/logs.

> Cabins
Can we say getting soft.

> Archery area
You for got thrown weapons.

> Insect and varmit control
And Vermin control too. Like Camp Murray?

> Costs that can be turned into a site fee of $10 or less.
Any one remember the $1.50 site fees? Ouch I have been playing to long.

> The ability to drive the car up to one's camping area to unload
Or very close. But if you cannot drive up then no one cannot complain ALL
DRAGON PLEASE BE MOVED TO THE PARKING LOT all morning.

> Access to site even in heavy rain
Like Children's down in Texas.

> Good run-off
Like Children's down in Texas. Now you know why it is nice to have a Air
mattress to sleep on. Man I had a dream I was floating last night. ROFLMAO.

> Lack of mundanity in view or on site
YES!!

> Unique to Namron
Yes do not let any other group use our Jewel of a find.

> Working coffee pots on each tree
Are you hiding that? I have not found on yet.

> --------
>
> Alright, it's late and I'm getting a little silly, but you get the idea.
> Some of these I view as *must haves* for any site, and some specifically
> for Protectorate (like the first few).  Your list may be longer, but I
> don't recommend making it shorter.  Cutting out any one of these things
> might result in a few people deciding they cannot go.
>
> Even Cimmaron doesn't make the complete list.
Camp Cimmaron too.

> Baron Ulfie, ret.
I me lad but you still where a hat.
Grimmie