[Namron] Event list

Lori Richards darsmommy at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 08:11:59 PDT 2006

Ok I really shouldn't give my opinon as I don't play BUT as an outsider who really doesn't benefit from where you choose to have your events my opinion might make a bit more sense because I am not emotional involved with the issue. (other than that I have a disabled child, but she does not come into play since we wont be going to events with her)

    I just wanted to say that I think people need to understand one thing. Yes, having a place for horses, and hot showers and great parking etc might be HIGHLY important to some of you, and I am not saying its not important but you have to understand that the disabled people are not asking for something to be more convient for them. They are wanting something to make it SAFE for them to be at your event. If they can not safely get into a feast hall or bathroom then how can they really go and play that weekend? It truly is like you are stripping them of their right to go just becasue they happen to be in a wheelchair.

  They aren't asking for golden roads and diamond incrusted wheelchair ramps, they are just asking for some min. things that will make access for them and inclusion for them possible.

  I honestly hope that you can find a great site that will be cost efficent, have everything you need to make everyone happy but I doubt that will ever happen. All I ask is that you please keep in mind these people asking for access are not trying to be pains in the butt but just want to be included in having a good time, where as they are otherwise going to have to stay home.  I think personally improving on some sites (Cimmaron?) that already have a lot of your needs met might be a good idea. or perhaps a new location that would be willing to let you help or make changes on their own to be more handicapped friendly.

  Good luck to you, i will shut my big mouth before I get into too much trouble. Like I said I don't play so really my opinion isnt probably worth the paper (or computer screen for sure) that its printed on.

  --Lori--
  dare I admit that I am daughter in law to Ulf and Maleah and get them chewed out for letting me post such opinons here? Sure. They love me so it should be ok. :-) besides I know that none of you would backlash this onto them.