[Namron] OT: Needing Help Making Pattern for Skirt I saw on eBay...

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Fri Sep 8 06:04:40 PDT 2006

During my research on Elizabethan garb, I found an article about a lady who
made a skirt out of a round tablecloth.  She slaimed it was fairlt easy, I
don't remember the web page or specifics, but I can try to find it again.
She didn't recommend making skirts out of square or rectangular tablecloths,
according to her, they don't lay right, but if you can find a round one that
doesn't have the plastic backing it should work fine.  As for the ebay
auction, if you decide to bid, read her feedback really closely.  My husband
purchased what he thought was an Elizabethan gown for me on ebay and it
wasn't what was described.  It was supposed to be an Elizabethan Lady's gown
and would be more suited to middle or lower middle class attempts at looking
like Upper class.

Elizabeta