[Namron] Camp Cimarron not opening Summer 2007

Brad Stanley vortmax at cox.net
Fri Mar 2 15:09:08 PST 2007

 From the Daily Oklahoman:
---
The camp, on the banks of the Cimarron River outside Coyle on State
Highway 33, will be closed for what would have been its 71st summer
season.

The Heart of Oklahoma Council sent a letter to its membership
explaining the closure, blaming a budget shortfall and lower-than-
anticipated revenue from candy sales.

"We are not closing. We are just not opening for the summer 2007
session,” interim Executive Director Phyllis Morris told The Oklahoman.

The Heart of Oklahoma Council said it is trying to arrange for
Oklahoma City area campers to go to the Tulsa Council's Camp Waluhili
at Fort Gibson Lake.

Day camps will remain open.

Edna Stinnett, president of the Camp Fire USA Heart of Oklahoma
Council, said the organization's property committee is assessing
Cimarron's needs and how to pay for them.

---

This probably does not affect private rentals, but something to keep
in mind.

---
Lord Thomas of Weathershear
Seneschal Namron