[Namron] Populace Meeting August 6, 2008

Shalon Reynolds shalon_reynolds at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 7 14:52:00 PDT 2008

Jacqueline:

   Sorry, I had this announcement written down and thought I had added it to the meeting minutes.  It was REALLY early this morning when I was typing up minutes, not that it is any excuse, but I did have the thought this morning on the way to work that I might have accidentally left it off.  It was totally unintentional and I am thankful that you have posted the correction to the minutes to the list!  My Lord and I are planning on being there on the 6th, if for nothing else than to offer another hand making bottles and changing diapers.  We can't wait to meet Mary Elizabeth!

YIS,
Adelheid

From: jacqueline_reynolds at cox.netTo: namron at lists.ansteorra.orgDate: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 08:13:21 -0500Subject: Re: [Namron] Populace Meeting August 6, 2008

Adelheid, I just wanted to add that Lord Barat also announced that we will be having a Brew Day/Baronial Work Day at our house in Moore on Saturday, September 6, 2008.  It will begin around 8 am and end around 5 pm.  Anyone interested in learning how to brew beer (or just helping with washing bottles, etc) or anyone wanting to help out with staining & varnishing tent poles is welcome to come out & help.  We will also be having a potluck dinner after everything is done & that should begin around 5 or 6 pm.  Please bring your favorite dish to share with everyone!

We will need lots of help with the tent poles & making the beer, so please plan to come out to help!  Our address is 1333 Ann’s Place, Moore, OK.  Call either Barat or Jacqueline, if you need directions.

Thank you,
Lady Jacqueline

OYEZ!  OYEZ!  The following items were discussed at the populace meeting of the Barony of Namron on Wednesday, August 6, 2008: Baron Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair & Baroness Muriel ingen Gille Crist :  *  There will be an Order of the Heart of the Sable Storm meeting on Sunday, August 24, 2008, at 6:00 p.m. at Denny's*  If anyone has an recommendations for awards please inform the Baron and Baroness *  Namron will be building new tent poles and will donate its old poles to the Canton of Skorragarðr

*  List of Upcoming Events:

    - Tulsa Med Fair is Saturday, August 16, 2008 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Sunday, August 17, 2008 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Chandler Park in Tulsa.  Camping for this event is $2.00 per person per night.  Saturday night the "party" will begin at 8:15p.m. after the park closes to the mundane.

    -  King's Round Table will be held on Saturday, August 23 in Moonshadowe (Stillwater).  Any officers who need warranting or anyone who is considering being a future officer needs to attend this event.  Dress is mundane, no garb.

    -Gothic War XVII - is August 29 - September 1, 2008 in Trelac (San Angelo, TX).

Seneschal Master Aethelstan Aethelmearson :

*  no business at this time

Treasurer Lord Lúcás Mór mac Raghnaill : *  The barony still has a large amount of money, around $9,000.  *  The barony owes the kingdom money for non-member site fees from Beltane.

Herald Lady Adelheid Lilje:

 *  I am still looking for additional volunteers to help with site and list Heralds for Protectorate. Thank you to those who have already volunteered.

*  I will be attending Kings Round Table to be officially warranted as a Herald on Saturday, August 23, 2008.  For those of you who are wanting to submit names and devices,  I will have a lot more information on this process after Round Table.  Thank you for your patience, as I am still a novice Herald.

Chronicler Lord Isma’il ibn Hasan ibn Assan (Ithrael) :

*  The Barony of Namron welcomes its new Chronicler, Ithrael!

*  Reports are due for the Plume on the 20th of each month.

Hospitaler  Honorable Lady Adena Terricsdottir:

*  At Pennsic XXXVII.

(Old Business):*  There will be a newcomers meeting on Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 2:00 p.m. in conjunction with Fighter Practice at Reeves Park.*  Anyone with ideas on what a newcomer needs to know, contact Honorable Lady Adena Terricsdottir.  *  Fabric for loaner garb is now available.  Contact HL Adena if you are a newcomer or know someone who might be in need of loaner garb for an event.   Archery Marshall  Baron Ulf Gunnarsson :

*  Archery Practice will be held this Sunday, August 10, 2008 at Eldern Hills at 10:00 a.m.  There is a map to the practice on the Eldern Hills Website Eldern Hills or http://eldern-hills.ansteorra.org/ *  Please bring water to practice as it is still summer and very hot outside.Knight's Marshall Lord Rolf the Bruised Thorinson :

*  Fighter practice will also be held this Sunday, August 10, 2008 at Eldern Hills at 10:00 a.m.

A&S Minister Lady Veronique de Mont Saint Michel :  *  Congratulations to Honorable Lord Barat FitzWalter Reynolds, he will be receiving his Laurel at Protectorate.

*  Congratulations to Honorable Lord Tadhg macAedain uiConchobhair, he received an Iris.

*  Friend of the Barony, Lady Danielle de Marseilles also began an apprenticeship.  Congratulations.

*  An invitation has been extended to Namron from Lady Branislava Volkova of Wiesenfeuer to join them for their monthly A&S gathering on the 3rd Thursday of the month.  For more information, please contact Lady Veronique de Mont Saint MichelOther Business:Lord Wolfgang von Sachsenhausen :*  As both Archery and Heavy Fighting practice will be held at Eldern Hills this Sunday, there will be no pike drills. Hasheika Maleah Farasha Raushana bint Abdullah:*  Discussion was held and the barony has agreed to submit a bid for the Known World Heraldic Symposium in June of 2009.

Lady Isobel de Kirkbryde :*  Sign Language class will be held on Saturday, August 23.  For more information contact Lady Isobel.

*  Prize donations are needed for gift baskets for Axeman.

Sarait Ingen Beathain (Herald of Skorragarðr ):

*  Donations for a drawing to be held at Protectorate to raise funds for the Canton of Skorragarder will begin soon.  The prize will be 2 site tickets and 2 feast tickets for Axeman.

*  Skorragarder will also be placing a bid for Queen's Champion to be held in conjunction with Axeman, as they are on the same weekend.

Honorable Lady Melisande de Frayne:

*  Steppes Artisan will be held August 15 - 17, 2008 in Dallas.  This is a premier Arts and Sciences event and many A&S items will be on display.

*  Largess is also needed for the Barony and Kingdom to give away as prizes.  If you have a particular A&S skill, or would like to start, creating largess is an excellent way to begin practicing your skills as an artisan.
       There being no further business, the August 6, 2008 Populace meeting of the Barony of Namron was closed.

Get more from your digital life. Find out how.