[Namron] Chivalric, Archery, and Rapier Practice changes.

David Reynolds oldblue_ at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 16:50:52 PST 2008

Because of poor turn out in the past, many people stopped coming simply because no one was ever there.  There were two real motivations for moving it.  First, by moving it to where the other marshall activities were then if you show and no one is heavy fighting.  Then you can do archer, fence or just hang out.  Secondly, by moving it closer to our Shire we could hopefully draw fighters from there to increase the number of bodies and the likelihood that there will be enough fighters for a practice.

Your point of the public eye is important.  However does anyone know if we have ever successfully recruited from a fight practice at Reeves Park?

Honestly if we can get enough fighters to commit to come to Reeves regularly, I have no problem with keeping it there.  We are just looking for ways to change things up to try to make it more successful.

Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:00:19 -0800From: tgnst at swbell.netTo: namron at lists.ansteorra.orgSubject: Re: [Namron] Chivalric, Archery, and Rapier Practice changes.Hey guys what was the reasoning behind this decision to move chivalric practice ? I thought the main reason we were were out at reeves park was so people could see us and that it was convenient as it was the park that Med Fair was out at.  Is this just a temporary thing or is this a permanent change? I personally do not  think this is a good idea. People have got used to reeves park, and they know where to find us.  People will get in their cars and run by the park to see if anyone is there, and if they see no one there they will think there is no practice.        Tarl Ulf Gunnarsson <ulfie at cox.net> wrote:
For those who missed the meetings, the chivalric, archery, and rapierpractices will be at the same time and roughly the same place. [Puttingthem in exactly the same place would be too dangerous, of course.]So, Sundays at 3 p.m., join us at the same place the revel was held forQueen's Champion. That is 19300 SE 149th Street, Newalla, OK 74857-5307>From Norman, go north on 12th Ave (Sooner Rd.) for five or six miles,depending on where you start. Turn right (east) on S.E. 149th St. (E.Stella Rd.) and continue for 13.1 miles. The entrance is quiteimmediately past Red Oak Lane on the south side.Stella Road is also S.E. 19th in Moore.I'll try to have a map up on the baronial website soon. See you Sunday!Ulf_______________________________________________Namron mailing listNamron at lists.ansteorra.orghttp://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/namron-ansteorra.org