[Namron] Chivalric, Archery, and Rapier Practice changes.

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us
Thu Feb 7 16:57:15 PST 2008

The main reason is that we weren't getting much attendance at fighter
practice where it was.  People would drop by, not see anything going on
and leave.  As more time went on, less people would come by because they
would figure no one else would be out there and it would be a wasted
trip.  Right now, we have an active archery and rapier practice with a
good number of people showing up every weekend.  My hope is that we will
reach a critical mass of chivalric fighters to have a regular heavy
practice as well.  We have also had quite a bit of interest in combat
archery, and this will allow us to have combined practices.  In the
beginning, if there aren't very many heavy fighters, there will still be
people there to talk to and hopefully people will still consider it
worth the effort to come out.  If we get enough fighters and they want
to move it back to the park, that is fine by me, I just want to see it
grow.  Muriel and I are planning on spreading the word to all the
fighters in the area, and giving rides to those college students without
transportation.

I remember the days of fighter practice in Andrews Park where a good
portion of the Barony would come out, and I would like to see us get
back to that.  This is an attempt to work towards that.  If it doesn't
work, we can always try something else.

In Service,
Baron Donnchadh