[Namron] Medieval Film studies

vujadea200 at aol.com vujadea200 at aol.com
Sun Feb 10 09:23:55 PST 2008

 If you go to the medieval Fair website, www.medievalfair.org there is a link in the upper right had corner.  you should go there!  I think that it looks interesting.

Adena

-----Original Message-----
From: Karla Norris <melisandedf at hotmail.com>
Sent: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 2:51 am
Subject: Re: [Namron] Medieval Film studies

I saw the post on the film festival, but somehow missed the information about the lecture series.  Wolfgang, noch ein mal bitte!

Melisande

To: namron at ansteorra.org
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 17:14:37 -0500
From: vujadea200 at aol.com
Subject: [Namron] Medieval Film studies

I have contacted the person who is in charge of the medieval Film Series.  He said that he welcomes us with open arms!!  We are suggesting no garb, but he is happy that I suggested handing out flyers to those that might be interested.  This is the series that will be held on Wednesdays;

 March 12th (Gulf War Week, so I will not be there?  Is anyone interested who would like to hand out flyers for me?)

            The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938, USA) ~ the wonderful Errol Flynn in the title role

as the dashing forest dweller who robs from the rich and gives to the poor. Maid Marian is

played with charm by Olivia de Havilland and directed by Michael Curtiz who went on to

direct CASABLANCA.

April 2nd (this is the meeting RIGHT before Med Fair, so we might see about changing the meeting day if there is a lot of interest in this (or moving it earlier or something).

                The Lion in Winter (1968, Britain) ~ Peter O’Toole, Katharine Hepburn, Anthony Hopkins,

John Castle, Nigel Terry, and Timothy Dalton. This is the story of King Henry II (O’Toole) in

1183 AD who must name which son will rule after his death. Hepburn won an Oscar playing

Eleanor and it was Hopkins’ debut film.

April 9th

            The Seventh Seal (1957, Sweden) ~ Ingmar Bergman’s best fi lm ever. In this we accompany

a knight on his way home from the crusades, where he encounters and engages in a game if

chess with the Grim Reaper. Set during the time of the Black Plague

April 16th

                Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court (1949, USA) ~ A musical with Bing Crosby

based on the original Mark Twain book about a modern-day guy who wakes up one morning in

Camelot. Carefree and enjoyable!

Who all is interested?  No registration, no fee.  You cant really get much better then this!! Let me know!!!

Also, the email that Wolfgang sent out about the medieval lecture is still open, but it is on Tuesdays, and requires regristration, (though is still free).  Just an FYI

Adena Terricsdotter

Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, we give. Learn more.=