[Namron] MED FAIR PLANNING FOLLOW UP

JOHN variglog at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 11 20:46:38 PST 2008

Greetings!

While the gathering for the Med Fair Planning Session was a bit on the small
side, a lot of great ideas were exchanged and I want to take a few moments
to share some of the highlights with you.  And I thank those who took time
to join us.

VIKINGS & ROMANS - I have had a request to make room for a Viking encampment
area as well as a later period Roman exhibit, and based on the footprints, I
think I have a good chance of fitting them in.  Having a place for our
entire Viking/Norse "cast" to relax and interact with the patrons should be
nice.

HOSPITALITY TENT - Lady Una Carleton of Skorragardr will oversee the
workers' Hospitality Tent and in the coming days she will be sending out
e-mails with further details.  From what she has laid out already, it sounds
like this important part of our Fair weekend will be better than ever.

FIELD COORDINATOR - It was suggested a Field Coordinator be appointed to
oversee the operation of the List Field and coordinate to have Fighters and
Marshals ready when needed, and to slot in other activities, such as
Drumming, Dancing and other Demos when the Fighters are at rest.  Lord
Christian (I do hope I spelled that correctly), Wiesenfeuer Rapier Marshal,
has volunteered to handle this task.

VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR - To help make Wolfgang's life easier and keep his
hair from falling out, it was recommended a Volunteer Coordinator be
available all 3 days to make sure key areas of our encampment are properly
staffed, and that no one gets stuck in one duty, or wanders about with
nothing to do when they want to help.  These areas include the A&S Tent, the
Hospitality Tent (very important), the Ropes and other such areas.  This
position is still open, and I will soon follow up with an e-mail calling for
a volunteer(s).

REVEL - Baron Donnchadh has volunteered to look into a couple possible
locations in the area and see if they are available that Saturday night.  We
still need someone to organize the Revel (it's not too difficult); so please
let me know if you are interested.  And if you have a suggestion for a
location, let me know as well.

RECRUITING - We will all serve as Deputy Hospitaler at Fair, and it was
strongly suggested a very conspicuous Recruiting Point be set up, probably
right next to A&S.  This way, if a "hot prospect" nips at the line, you can
begin the recruiting process and then escort them to the table to "clinch
the sale."

TENT PAINTING - Several folks suggested we begin a campaign to paint at
least one of the GPs before Fair and use that as our Arts and Sciences tent.
That will require finding an indoor place where the canvas can be laid out,
painted and allowed to dry.  I've been told it is not a hard process, and
with the right supplies and guidance, can be done in a day or 2, depending
on the complexity of the pattern and the number of folks who help.

But overall, it was agreed our number one goal is to HAVE FUN!

Please let me know if you have any ideas, suggestions or comments.  I need
your input to help make this our best Fair yet.

I can be reached at 360.4150 or wolfgangvonsachsenhausen at yahoo.com

In Service

Wolfgang