[Namron] July 15 Populace Meeting
shalon_reynolds at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 20:34:24 PDT 2008
OYEZ! OYEZ! The following items were discussed at the populace meeting of the Barony of Namron on Tuesday, July 15, 2008:
* August 2, 2008, Skorragarðr is hosting a PARTY in conjunction with Northern Regional Fighter Practice and Water Wars at the Beautiful Shawnee, Oklahoma Twin Lakes Park
* Consider the possibility of hosting a future Namron event on a primitive site
* Our thoughts at this time are directed toward Protectorate. We have selected our Autocrats - Lord Orlando Giovanni di Gilead and Lord Christian Truelove. We have also selected the Feast o'crats - Lady Caterina Giovanni di Gilead and Honorable Lady Melisande de Frayne.
* Discussion was held concerning site fee and a consensus was agreed that due to high gas prices and the amount of money currently held by Namron in our treasury, we should keep the site fee to a price that will allow us to basically break even or possibly break even.
* Further discussion was held about where to set the price breaks on children and non-members.
* Feast will hold reservations for 65 paid persons and about 10 complementary meals as the hall will only hold about 75.
* The barony still has a large amount of money, around $9,000.
* A check was made payable to the Cimarron Council for reservation of the Will Rogers Campsite.
* I am still looking for volunteers to help with site, list and court heraldry at Protectorate. So far, I have received word from Lord Ivo Blackhawk, HL Adalia VonderBerg and Sarait Ingen Beathain. Thank you for your volunteer spirit and we will need much more help if anyone is interested, especially with the list heraldry.
* Honorable Lady Nicolaea MacFionndlaigh spent her last night as Chronicler for the Barony of Namron this evening.
* All applications for this position were due by the end of populace meeting TONIGHT!
* A new Chronicler will be selected by the Northern Regional Chronicler at a future date.
* There will be a newcomers meeting on Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 2:00 p.m. in conjunction with Fighter Practice at Reeves Park.
* Anyone with ideas on what a newcomer needs to know, contact Honorable Lady Adena Terricsdottir.
* Fabric for loaner garb is now available. Contact HL Adena if you are a newcomer or know someone who might be in need of loaner garb for an event.
* Archery is still being held at 19300 SE 149th Street, Newalla, OK 74857, on Lord Christian's Land at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday. Archery practice will be ending between 6:30 - 7:00 p.m.
* Please bring water to practice as it is still summer and very hot outside.
* If anyone sees pool noodles on sale, let Baron Ulf Gunnarsson know, as more 3-D fighter targets will be constructed.
* At coronation, as a step-down gift, his majesty received the bow purchased by members and friends of the Barony of Namron. He loved it and couldn't believe what a wonderful gift it was.
* Practice is still being held at 2:00p.m. at Reeves Park in Norman.
* Anyone with armor who is willing to let it be duck taped on new fighters, please come out and share in the fun
* Lady Veronique de Mont Saint Michel was pleased at the response by the artisans in the barony concerning her post for anyone with a special talent or skill they would be willing to share in a class setting.
* She is eager to find an appropriate time and date to hold various A&S classes.
* The trip to see the Roman Exhibit at the OKC Museum is this Saturday, July 19 at 3:00 p.m. No cameras are allowed at the exhibit. The cost is $10.00. If you are early or late, just let the museum know that you are with the SCA or group from Namron.
Lord Wolfgang von Sachsenhausen :
* The baronial guard will still be holding pike drills in conjuction with fighter practice at Reeves Park on Sunday. If you are interested or want more information contact Lord Wolfgang.
* There is a possibility for the barony to hold a persona workshop for those interested in everything from how to "live" your persona to learning how to effectively answer the question, "Where is the bathroom?" in a medieval style. If you are interested in being a part of this class contact Lord Wolfgang.
Hasheika Maleah Farasha Raushana bint Abdullah:
* A list of items needed to send to the squad adopted by members of the barony was provided.
* A list of the names of the squad members was also provided.
* The possibility of hosting a Known World Heraldric event in 2009 was presented to the barony. The barony responded to this presentation favorably, but would like more information on the who, what, when, where, why and how much.
Lady Isobel de Kirkbryde :
* Sign Language class will be held this Saturday, July 19,at 10:30 a.m. in Choctaw, followed by a Silent Lunch. For more information contact Lady Isobel.
There being no further business, the July 15, 2008 Populace meeting of the Barony of Namron was closed.
The i’m Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Namron