[Namron] Namron archery road trip

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Sun Jul 27 11:17:37 PDT 2008

We have discussed making a road trip to the Barony of the Eldern Hills
some weekend to go to their archery practice and shoot a Royal Round.
This would fulfill our requirement to have at least one "away" score for
our Royal Round scores to count in the intra-kingdom contest.

I spoke with Baron Michel and Lord Gunnar at Crown this weekend.  Taking
in to account the dates most of you had available, we have this set up
for August 10th, two weeks from today.

Their practice is at 10 a.m.  Given gas prices, we should consider car
pooling.  Like us, they have a map to their archery practice on their
webpage, http://eldern-hills.ansteorra.org , about halfway down the
page, and phone numbers in case you get lost going there.

Baron Michel and Lord Aiden, their archery marshal, were the two folks
who came up when we had that big marshal authorization day. Lord Gunnar
is just a nice guy who lets us shoot arrows into the side of his shed...

---

If you want to go to an event with an archery competition, the first
weekend in August is Adlersruhe's Lady of the Lake event. They are part
of the Northern Region now and based out of Amarillo. The event was
started by Am Loch, which is no more, but whose people continue to bring
a strong sense of fun to the Texas Panhandle.  For the "Lady of the Bow"
competition, you either shoot for your lady or, if you are a lady, you
shoot for the title yourself.  It is held in Mobeetie, TX, about a three
hour drive from Oklahoma City.

The second weekend of August, when we are planning our Sunday road trip,
is Loch Ruadh's Lughnasad event, being held in Canton about an hour east
of Dallas.  Primarily a bardic event, they also have an archery
competition.

And as a reminder, November 14th-16th is Axeman V, held by our Canton of
Skorragarðr. As I'm the current archery champion, I'm going to have
something fun worked out for the shoot.  Plan for it.

Master Ulf
Namron Archery Marshal