[Namron] Arts and Sciences Documentation Question

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Fri May 2 13:27:30 PDT 2008

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 01:20:31PM -0700, Karla Norris wrote:

> There is no reason to fear embarassment, well unless you are Master
> Aethelstan! Frankly, I do not detect embarassment in his missive,
> more a sense of pride....am I wrong here Master:):):)
>
> This is REALLY all about learning and taking your art to the next
> level through using the good critique you receive to improve.
>
> It is also about seeing other folks' work to see what is being
> done out there in the arts. How can this help you improve? You can
> find something new to try, you can learn new techniques, you can
> see new ways to do documentation or presentation of your work at a
> competition, you can find folks with similar talents to learn from.
> The experience is nailbiting, excruitiating, and wonderful all at
> the same time!
>
> Have fun...stop and say hello tomorrow.

What She Said.

I love judging -- because I _learn_ so much from it.

A lot of folks think we Laurels know everything: apparently it comes
from having that wreath on the head, or something. I'm here to tell a
secret: _I_ certainly don't know everything, by a good big coefficient.
and I love learning things. Some -- often a great many -- of the things
I see while judging just amaze me, and I certainly work hard at giving
credit where it's due.

C'mon. Amaze me. Help me learn. Teach me.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO