[Namron] Populace notes- complete

Aubrey Lea aubreyericstochter2 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 06:45:30 PST 2008

OYEZ! OYEZ! The following items were discussed at the November 5, 2008 populace meeting of the Barony of Namron held at the Norman Public Library.

Baron Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair  and Baroness Muriel ingen Gille Crist:

* The populace voted to keep two populace meeting a month. The next meeting held on November 18, 2008, will be held at the Norman Public Library.

* The Nobel Library has expressed interest in the Barony having its meetings there. We will be looking into this as we would be able to book meetings in advance instead of one at a time as it is at the Norman library.

*Coronation is this weekend.

*The Canton of Skorragarder is holding Axeman V, November 14-16 at Will Rogers, the Canton of Chemin Noir will be holding Fair of the Harvest, November 21-23, and Bordermarch Autumn Melees will be November 21-23. Namron's Baroness will be holding a vigal at Chemin Noir for the fighters at Bordermarch.

Seneschal Master Aethelstan Aethelmearson

* The position of Seneschal is now open. Please send applications including a copy of your membership ID and drivers licence to the regional seneschal. Also send a copy to the Baron and Baroness and the Seneschal.
*The last date to turn in applications is the first populace meeting of December.
*The new seneschal will step up at the first meeting in January.

Treasurer Lord Lucas Mor mac Ragnaill

*The treasurer has issured several reimburcement checks tonight, and so will have the ballence at the next populace meeting.
* Gate total for Protectorate was approxamately $3000. The site at Will Rogers cost approxamately $1000 with other expenses costing around $1000. The Barony made an estimated $1000 on Protectorate.
* Please contact the treasurer ahead of time if you are going to need a check issued for an approved expense.

Chronicler Sayyid Isma'il ibn Hasan ibn Assan (Ithrael)

* The new Plume is availabe. Please consider submissions for the Plume. Make this your own by contributing.
* Photo submissions are accepted. Make sure to have a signed release by the photographer and any people in the photo.
*If you have corrections, news, or ideas for the Plume send them to ithrael at gmail.com.

Hospitaler- no new business

Archery Marshall Baron Ulf Gunnarsson

* The archery marshall will be taking two new deputies.
   >Vincenti da Murano and Lawrence of the Green Wood
*Come to archery practice. We have plenty of loaner bows.
* There is available a kit that will produce a crossbow that is combat leagal for $100. For more information contact the archery marshall.
*Namron has the first Royal Rounds childrens score.

Rapier Marshall Lord Orlando Giovanni di Gilead

* Tuesday night practice at 7:00 pm at Orlando's house.
*The light list at Axeman will be team Rapier fights, starting at 1:00 pm on Saturday. See the web site for more information.

A & S Minister Lady Veronique de Mont Saint Michel

* Scribal nights are held every Tuesday at the home of Lord Orlando and Lady Caterina.
*Honorable Lady Nicolaea MacFionndlaigh will be teaching Illumination, pating, and calligraphy at Scribal Night. Please speak with Lady Veronique of there are any specific classes that you would like to have offered.

V-Scribe Baron Ulf Gunnarsson

*The V-Scribe office has been renamed to Web Minister.

*The office is now open. The deadline for aplication submitions is the second meeting in December. Please send the application, a copy of your membership ID, and Drivers licence to the Northern Regional Web Minister, Baron Ulf, the Baron and Baroness of Namron, and the Seneschal.

*Send information on your deptuy officers so they can be listed on the web page.

*To see the newest Crown Land go to: the kingdom web page, click on groups, click on Crown lands.

Other Business:

Axman autocrats:

*At Axeman there will be: Vking wrestling on Friday, heavy and light fighting, archery and Royal Rounds on Sunday, bardic, a board games compation with 2 period games, an Inkle weaving class, a tavern, Feast, a Bread compatition -bring 1 loaf, etc.

*Please volenture for Gate shifts and to Hearld.

*The link to the Axeman web page can be found on the Canton web page.
Wulfgang will not be at Axeman V. We will need 4 to 6 guards.

Her Grace Vanassa:

*Please volenture to teach classes at Winterkingdom.

Midfair:

* His Hiness wishes to have some official event at Midfair. He would like to have court and give awward. It is possible that we will have a regional war practice at Midfair.
*This means that we will have crown presence the weekend of MidFaire.

*We will  open bids for Midfaire Coridnator at the first meeting in January.
*Go by Reeves Park and look at the MidFaire area. It has changed some.
*The Faire "Royal " camp may be moving next to the Barony area.
*We may have classes this winter on people interaction / cast training/ geting and staying in character for MidFaire
*The "King of the Faire" has expressed interest in dancing with SCA members at MidFaire.

Missing Item:

* The trown weapons stand and rope from Protectorate are missing. Has anyone seen them?

 There being no futher business the populace meeting of the Barony of Namron was closed.