[Namron] Populace Meeting Notes, 1/7/09

William Herron fitzbubba at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 12:45:00 PST 2009

Any errors or mistakes are my own.  If you want to post a correction,
please include me in your reply so that I can update the copy I keep
for my office.

Bubba
Deputy Seneschal

===

Barony of Namron Populace Meeting
1/7/09, Norman Public Library

Starts at 7:39pm

Baron and Baroness – hello, we came back from 12th night, Vanessa got
her Pelican, the Kingdom Eisteffod included Tadhg and Lucas,

Skorragardr will have a gaming night on the 10th,
Kingdom Round Table on the 17th,
Northern Region War Class at Dakani on the 24th.

Hope to see some of you at Gulf Wars, pre-reg is open.  If you're
camping with Namron, get your tent sizes to the Baron so he can work
out the land requirements.

Their Excellencies wants a new pavilion [from Panther], $1425 with
poles and all.  Pavillion will be used for cook tent at Gulf Wars,
travel with Their Excellencies, and waterbearing at baronial events.
Populace agreed.

Seneschal – this is my first meeting, thanks to AEthelstan for his service,

Minister of Children's office is accepting applications,

Beltane is at Dakani, site is under contract, accepting bids for
Beltane autocrat through Feb 17th,

trying to get E-Ko-Wah for Protectorate, accepting bids for
Protectorate autocrat and feastocrat through second meeting in May.

Treasurer and Herald are not here.

Chronicler – Plumes are here.

Seneschal – additional, Bubba is my deputy.

Vicente on behalf of the Archery Marshal – archery practice over the
weekend [1/4/09] cancelled due to cold.  Previous weekend had "a
number" of kids and adults.  Practice this Sunday [1/11/09], 47
degrees, tic-tac-toe and poker shoot.  Getting TW targets set up, as
soon as they're ready we'll have TW practice at the same place/time as
Archery.

Orlando for Rapier Marshal – practice on Tuesday nights, 7pm at his
house, 8 people participated last night.

Hospitaller – shuffling through the loaner garb, some stuff will be
disposed of, others donated to Archery,

want some work days to make new stuff,

looking to step down mid-year, interested parties should contact me
before Med Faire so they can see what the job involves.  Monthly
reporting, easy to do.

Marguerite donated fabric to make new garb.

Ansteorra 30th will have a newcomer area with loaner garb, etc. etc.

Gwyneth – hat passing yielded $48.91, new dishes for the Crown

Knights Marshal – hi, time for me to step down, mundane issues, open
up for applications,

can't do fighter practices right now, my apologies

Wolfgang on behalf of Herald – name or device help, ask the herald.

Skorragardr – game night Saturday (night), start at 2pm-4pm, $5
donation plus snack, bring chairs, RPGs like D&D, any game that you
want to play and can get others to play, Roger's house
(pseudo-Pirate-drunken-drummer?).

Lady Sarait is trying to do a relay race group for Harrah fund-raiser,
do it in garb, hafla later.

Axeman in October, opened autocrat bids, closes beginning of March.
Axeman is 30th Oct-1st Nov at Will Rogers.

Alix Tiberga – Wednesday nights [except for Populace Meeting
Wednesdays], work on fiber arts at coffee shop in Hastings,
7pm-whenever

Orlando – NR fighter practice, 1/24, Dakani, authorization will be
done for all marshal activities

Ivo Blackhawk from Mooneschadowe – at our event last year, our triumph
was heralded by Namron's group, thank you; heading up list heraldry
for heavy weapons at Ansteorra 30th, need help; podcast, looking for
material

Tadhg – Cooks night on Sundays, HL Antignus (sp?) hosting a literature
night every 4th Sunday, January is "Beer and the Bard"

Wolfgang regarding Med Faire – showed the Med Faire poster from last
year, they don't have one yet for this year, artist submissions, 11x14
or 11x17, just the graphic, not the details, need artwork by
month-end, small honorarium available;

Linda Linn and Wolfgang did land layout today, Veterans Memorial now
reaches edge of our previous area, space needed for crowd movement,
etc. would reduce our space too much, new area is in the far northeast
corner of Reeves park where jousting, the big stage, living chess
match, etc., the other side of the "drainage ditch" is an area that's
about 2x our previous area.  Merchants are asking to be stationed near
SCA.

Large amount of discussion about moving…we're not where we were
before, is there drainage, can we have our own porta-potties, populace
determined to "tentatively" accept the new space, go out Saturday noon
and look around.  We can make banners, send walk-arounds, etc. to get
people to our area.  If we stay in our "old" space, we'll be limited
to what we can do.

Med Faire is a "free" regional event, Crown wants to do official
business so we need it on the calendar, regional event so that we
don't use one of our two Baronial events allowed by Kingdom.

Seneschal – populace meeting 1/20, site [Golden Corral Restaurant in
Norman]; 1/12, Sewing/A&S night, Barat and Krista's house, 6:30pm to
[10pm].

Annais – Ansteorra is creating a gift basket for Northshield at Gulf
Wars; gaming theme, small enough to fly back with them, needs to be
done by 10th of March.

Marguerite – Habitat for Humanity needs people to help build and to
warehouse stuff

Meeting finished at 8:49pm.