[Namron] Gulf War gift HELP

Epperson, Sheryl eppersos at oge.com
Tue Jan 13 08:26:33 PST 2009

Greetings,

Since this year we have been asked to give one nice gift rather than a
basket of gifts, Annais and I have come up with the idea of doing period
game boards and pieces.

Our idea is to get as many sets as possible made, using whatever mediums
the makers wish to use.  This can include boards painted on wood,
leather, or fabric; embroidered fabric or leather; carved wood or
leather; applique; mosaic; whatever else you can think of.  Playing
pieces and equipment (dice, etc.) will need to be made for each board.
We will also need a box to present them in.

In order for this to be a really spiffy gift, we will need others to
help us.  In fact, that was part of the reason for the idea, so anyone
who wishes can help.

If you are interested in participating, please let us know.  If there is
a specific game you want to do, that's great.  If you need ideas, I can
get you direction/pictures/whatever for various games.

The kingdom we are to be doing a gift for is Northshield, and I
understand they will be flying in to Gulf War.  The idea was brought up
at populace meeting of doing a collection to be able to present them not
only with the gift, but also with a postage paid box to ship it home, so
as not to take up their luggage allowance.  I think this is a great
idea, and will check into both US Postal and UPS shipping charges.

Annabelle