[Namron] Naming The New Medfair Space

Pukhta 'Pooky' Lovvek pookyloves at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 10:05:06 PST 2009

Good Brother Wolfgang,

I, as is my norm, am fairly/moderately/irrevocably confused... but you can help.

1. So we're needing to choose a new name for the encampment.
2. where will the public come into contact, with the words we choose?
2a. will it be on their map flyer? or as a sign or banner in our area?
On our info packets? (that we get from the hospitality tent and
distribute to people with that familiar glint in their eye)
3. I ask because I think it'll make a difference as to what we choose
to label our encampment, depending on the media of advertisement.
examples: SCA if in a corner of a map, SCA-The Current Middle Ages or
grimmie's sounded great too
in banner form. If trying to herd a crowd of modernians towards us, as
they walk while looking at a pamphlet by leashing their interest; I
like my SCA-The Destiny of Your Past  (that just makes my feet wanna
go towards us and get on that ride)

4. So It's all about advertising and whats all about advertising is
the way and then the what your message gets across.

back to 3 I remember you saying we need to rename the thing that was
the SCA Compound, that gives me the impression a physical space or
thing is to be renamed. So I'm not sure if including the summation and
totality of our Societatal's experience is why we're looking for in
our Descriptor. What I think we're looking for is what'll veer the
most modernites towards us when they read the words we choose.
(wherever that is)

Lemmee know about #2.

5. Though it seem like sacrilege (to me as I type on a computer while
being amongst friends a thousand years ago... Big sigh) we might ought
to include .org after SCA so when a modernianite sees SCA.org They'll
be able to dial us up. (makes my skin crawl in a certain direction but
they would blink to it/us and we'd get 10-12 more members
Weisenfeuerals and Mooneschadeens that is. ;^))

Loving Namron thanking Wolfgang,
Pooky

On 1/12/09, aoife at cableone.net <aoife at cableone.net> wrote:

> It would be wise to remember that WE know what SCA stands for but
> a lot of people don't.  My idea would be to use  "SCA-The Current Middle Ages".
> After all you want not onlyyour SCA friends to find you but to get the attention of
> new people who'd be curious about the middle ages.
> Then you can be prepared to explain "Society for Creative Anacronism"!:)
>
> 'Just my 2 cents worth'  Aoife
>

> ---- Msg sent via CableONE.net MyMail - http://www.cableone.net

Respect your creation, love me and be then healed.