[Namron] Naming The New Medfair Space

Pukhta 'Pooky' Lovvek pookyloves at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 10:23:05 PST 2009

Happy Birthday again,

"Anachronism" and read "Anarchism" is an extremely common problem.

Out of the 4 times I went on a Middle ages hay ride in a parade down
downtown  Skorragardr, 3 of the times the person from their entire
populous, the city felt confident and most capable to read a card that
would announcing our organization failed to get it right...

Without besmirching the Lay Folk (even in a college town) concerning
their capability to read ..ron.. into a word , there best and most
trusted gets it wrong 75% of the time.

Ha P BB BuBBu,
pUkE'

On 1/12/09, William Herron <fitzbubba at gmail.com> wrote:

> > It would be wise to remember that WE know what SCA stands for but
> > a lot of people don't.  My idea would be to use  "SCA-The Current Middle Ages".
> > After all you want not onlyyour SCA friends to find you but to get the attention of
> > new people who'd be curious about the middle ages.
> > Then you can be prepared to explain "Society for Creative Anacronism"!:)
> > 'Just my 2 cents worth'  Aoife
>
> It also avoids the problem we have with people who see the word
> "Anachronism" and read "Anarchism" into it.  With a name that doesn't
> include the word, they can come and talk to us and find out what an
> anachronism is (and isn't, for that matter).
>
> Care,
> Bubba

Respect your creation, love me and be then healed.