[Namron] Gulf War and Motherhood

Aubrey Lea aubreyericstochter2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 06:01:01 PST 2009

I would recomend a shade pavilion for your camp area, a good comfy chair that will hold and support both of you, and a portable heater.
This will make a good resting area outside your tent in your camp. I know that SCA'ing with my young children I wanted to rest in the afternoon, but inside the tent was not comfortable. However, an outside area was great. My daughters and I took a lot of naps sitting in a good camp chair.
Also, setting it by your tent will give you the option of visiting with others or being alone if you and your child need some down time.
The heater is great if it is chilly to help keep your feet warm. This way you can be comfortable without having to be by the fire anytime you want to get a little warmth.

One last thing- don't be afraid of upsetting someone by saying that you need to be alone for a while. The amout of activity, noise, people is enough to overpower anyone on ocassion. your child will do well with down time as will the parent. Plus, if you are happy and well rested your child will be happier.

Aubrey