[Namron] Populace Meeting

Shell Atwood shell.atwood at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 11:29:08 PST 2009

Lance said:

>It is going to be hard in a place other than the library where everyone was
>seated facing their Excellencies but when the meeting is called to order is
>people are still talking someone say Attend, if they still keep talking
>don't start the meeting. Tell them guys the meeting has started. Whenever
>the noise starts again pause the meeting until those responsible are told
>shush. You just have to keep doing this until it is clear to everyone that
>the meeting is going to pause until everyone pays attention.

If a single word works to call to order unruly and hyper six year olds, it
should work for pop meetings. For some people (like me), it's hard just
getting up in front of the crowd to give report, having to perhaps even
repeatedly call folks to order would be much harder.  One can hope that the
discussion regarding the problem will correct the problem - if not, perhaps
a couple of the more vocally outgoing folks, like our heralding folks, can
call to order as needed.

I know I can be guilty of it. If it's a topic I'm passionate about,
everything else tends to dissolve and I can get carried away.

Blessings,

Mellina