[Namron] Populace Meeting Notes, 04 Mar 09

William Herron fitzbubba at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 14:08:48 PST 2009

Any errors or mistakes are my own.  If you want to post a correction,
please include me in your reply so that I can update the copy I keep
for my office.

Bubba
Deputy Seneschal

===

Populace Meeting - 3/4/09
Norman Public Library

Starts at 7:33pm.

B&B – (waves);

Celtic Faire in MWC on 3/28-29, lots of space, SCA is invited, Celtic
persona not needed, Lorenzo of Skargarrd will coordinate with Celtic
Fair people, typical demo, good practice for Med Faire, fighting will
be allowed, all are welcome, in garb and performing gets free
admission, will also be a Medieval Fair in August;

Medieval Experience lecture series, brochures are available;

Gulf Wars, silk banner painting at A&S night,

Baronial tent poles need to be varnished, date/time TBA

Seneschal – autocrats for Beltane are Elizabeth and Olivia and Danielle;

still need autocrats and feastocrats for Protectorate, deadline May 19th;

open officer positions:  MoC, Knights Marshall (closes 4/1);

no pop meeting 3/17 due to Gulf Wars;

Med Faire revel at Norman Masonic Lodge, no alcohol or smoking in the
building, alcohol allowed on property outside of building, no food or
drink in the Blue Room, a Lodge member will be there at all time,
former Wolfstar member, keep noise outside as low as possible;

 thank all officers for prompt reporting;

sewing A&S night, Monday at 6:30pm at Barat and Jacqueline

Treasurer – about $6,800 after paying for tent, site deposit for revel, etc.;

a couple of people have expressed interest in the Deputy job

Herald – name and device submission forms are available;

“tent raising” at her house, Sunday, 1-5pm;

Chronicler – next month is the Med Faire issue, need to have any
submissions by the 20th

Hospitaler, not here, said today on the mailing list that a shop at
Crossroads Mall is having a Coleman clearance sale;

Seneschal – contacted by a couple of new people

Archery Marshall, not here

Knights Marshall – fighting continues, 5 people last Sunday, practice
this Sunday, Reeves Park, 2-5pm, no practice the following two weeks
due to Gulf Wars, practice on 3/29, demo prep

Rapier Marshall – have a regulation drop tester;

 cadet-ed to Don Elric;

rapier practice, Sunday, Barat and Jacqueline’s house, additional
practice at my house next Tuesday, authorization will be available;

Gulf Wars Meal Plan, $8 per day, except $4/day Wednesday and Thursday
(one less meal on those days due to other activities), pay me, pay via
PayPal, form online to get information

Knights Marshall – loaner gear won’t be ready by Gulf Wars;

anyone who has some plastic for armor construction, please let me know

A&S – hello, sewing night at Barat and Jacqueline’s on Monday night;

scribing during fencing practice on Tuesdays, calligraphy and
illumination starting in April;

get submissions ready for Beltane for brewing and A&S competitions;

today is her birthday, all wish her HB

HG Vanessa – apologizes for not coming to Populace in garb, suggests
that others should wear garb to Populace meetings

Annabelle – Annais and I have been working on the gift basket for GW,
I finished my chess board (displayed), if you have something, please
get with A or I so we can include it, it’s going with B&B next
Thursday (3/12);

non-SCA, my son’s school won a robotics competition, applause

TW Marshall – hiya, Archery, temporary backstop has been built, we’ll
be testing to see how it works;

TW practice last weekend, one axe handle broke, not one of ours;

special practice this Sunday starting at about noon, Gulf Wars prep

Med Faire crew – shows poster, Nicollea was the artist for the poster,
extra copies for us, applause;

Medieval Experience, how to handle the public, Adena will be doing
dance practices, please wear garb but don’t wear the elaborate stuff,
meet at 10am, if it works on Saturday, we’ll do it again on Sunday,
Wiesenfeuer was invited;

privies at Med Faire, we may want to get a couple for our own use,
populace liked the idea;

 volunteers, we need warm bodies, we need artisians, larger space so
we need more people, may do a shift kind of thing with the different
tents, allow people to display their work in other tents, help set up
and break down afterwards, need vehicles, trucks, vans, etc. to
transport, loadout at shed Wednesday night, set up site on Monday or
Tuesday night with stakes and labels, return items to shed Sunday
night;

if you want to work in the Living History Lane, Wiesenfeuer’s Baronial
pavilion will be there for you to work in;

posters and brochures available;

Orlando will do a martial arts display, things that we use for our combat;

Hatur and Galen will be doing a tavern in the hospitality tent, need
feast gear if you’re going to eat out in public;

Marguerite will have favors for the fighters on Friday,

Beltane crew – lots of things planned, A&S, all sorts of games,
dancing the may pole, brewing, no feast, requesting “creative” bids
for Tavern, Camp Dakani

B&B – no populace meeting on 3/17, meeting 4/1 will be at Reeves Park
for Gulf Wars setup

Meraud - Next Wednesday, no fiber arts meeting due to Gulf War prep

Marguerite – meeting has been quiet, thanks to everyone

Closed at 8:27pm