[Namron] Back from Gulf Wars

Shell Atwood shell.atwood at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:41:58 PDT 2009

Wow, what an experience!  I think the only time I've ever been this
exhausted is after a week at Disney World and just like then, I'm ready to
go back, sore feet be damned! Please forgive me any rambling that may occur.
I'm still in a haze that may take some time to lift.

We had a fantastic showing at the ladies thrown weapons competition and many
of our ladies scored points throwing for the kingdom.  It was great fun
learning to hurl sharp, pointy objects from 35 and 45 feet, distances none
of us had ever thrown from.  I was proud to be among the Namron ladies who
stood waiting in the sun for hours to throw for the kingdom, and when faced
with what seems like impossible distances, stepped up to the line and threw
anyway! Vincenti ran the range for many hours and gave our ladies tips on
throwing and Uriah kept many of us entertained and had some great tips for
throwing at our new distances.

Our brewers made many an evening more enjoyable and after some of the
*cough* beer I drank at war, I have achieved even greater appreciation for
your talent and hard work!

I cannot express enough appreciation to our Baron and Baroness for helping
us through our first long event and introducing us to so many folks.
Without them, I would have spent much of my time lost and bewildered.

Cat and Orlando prepared a wonderful meal plan that greatly reduced the
stress of our first eight day event - I don't know what we would have done
without you both! Thank you for keeping us so well fed and for the extra
time spent helping Robert get geared up and prepared to fight in his first
war.

We had an amazing group of folks.  Thank you all for helping to make our
first war such a memorable and wonderful experience!

Blessings,

Mellina - who found her missing L thanks to the wonderfully talented heralds
at Gulf Wars!