[Namron] We're Baaaaaaaack!

Robert Atwood rob at mummersguild.com
Mon Mar 23 18:16:30 PDT 2009

What a lovely war!

First off- the thank you list... There were too many wonderful helpful
people to mention them all, but I want to take a moment to give a big
thank-you to Cat and Orlando for their meal plan.  The food was great
(ok, maybe the rolls were a bit too well salted, but everything else
was fantastic!).  They really worked hard to make the meal plan a big
success and we all owe them a debt of gratitude.  A big thank you,
too, to all the people who helped to serve the meals.  Of course, a
tip o' the hat goes as well Namron's great brewer's guild and to
Master Barat for bringing/setting up the jockeys, taps, and kegs.  Our
Baron and Baroness, it goes without saying, get kudos as well... oh,
and of course Her Amazing Grace Vanessa, and the list goes on and on...

This was the first event (not to mention war) where I got to
participate in melee.  Thanks to the "Storm Weasels" and to Stormguard
for making it possible for me to help defend our Kingdom and help earn
still more respect for Namron's prowess on the field.  WIthout the
saint-like patience of Orlando prior to and during the war, and
Christian at the war, I fear I would never have been able to make a
showing, much less exact a blood price from the enemy.

I can say with great confidence now, having fought beside them, that
Orlando and Christian are wonders to behold on the light weapons
field, working in tandem and (when some enemy blackguard landed a
lucky shot on one of them) sometimes individually to rally Namron's
forces and cut swaths through the enemy.  When they command a line be
dressed, it stays dressed-- in period garb, if it is able.  When they
command our forces to advance, the enemy now knows to tremble!  I am
looking forward to training with them further in unit tactics and
drilling through this year so that we can extend Namron (and the
Northern Region's) reputation even further!

Speaking of the Northern Region, our regional commander Fakan (sp?) is
truly an inspiration; anyone who has a chance to fight under him
should jump at the opportunity.  During the ravine batlle, when our
regional forces were defending a flag on our own with the rest of
Ansteorra and Her allies defending the other, he kept the line firm,
directing us all to the places we were needed most.  At one point we
were hopelessly outnumbered and actually lost our flag for a period of
about forty-five seconds, but he rallied us and we re-took it quickly
and ferociously, driving the enemy back and never again letting them
get within 30 feet of the flag.  So wrapped up was he in command that
at one point he even inadvertently "borrowed" Her Majesty's personal
guard to fill a breach.  By all accounts, she was not amused...

While I'm bragging about our Northern Regional forces, I should
mention our own light weapons marshal Orlando also seamlessly stepped
up and commanded our forces admirably during the period when our
Northern Regional Commander was briefly unavailable.  There's an
entertaining war story there, too, but I really need to wrap this up...

Oh, and did I mention that our lady throwers made a big showing on the
thrown weapons field?

Can you tell I had a wonderful time?  Thanks again to everyone!

-Robert o' the Faire