[Namron] Reports from WAR?

Shalon Reynolds shalon_reynolds at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 21 21:47:14 PDT 2009

What I can recollect after our 12 hour trip home from war with an uncomfortable infant in the car.....

Please pardon any mistakes, my recollections are foggy at best...

My Lord Lucas, son Benjamin and I have returned home safely from war.  As this was our first Gulf War and we chose to take our 10 month old son with us for the entire week, we are weary from both lack of sleep and over stimulation, still dazed with awe after having "lived the dream" for six days and nights.

My Lord Lucas fought for Ansteorra behind the scootum (sp?) during the city battle and the bridge battle.  He took up sword and board for the ravine battle.  After the ravine battle, Namron was complimented by an opponent for our use of the scootums (sp?) and shields.

After the bridge battle, the general in charge of the northern bridge complimented Namron and Wolfstar on our efforts.  The northern bridge loaned out 11 spearmen and 8 shieldmen to other bridges as they weakend and yet Ansteorra still won the northern bridge which contributed to Ansteorra's overall victory during the bridge battle.

I do not know the specifics of the rapier fighting, but I did have the chance to watch several Namronians in action on the rapier field and was very impressed with what I saw.

Several members in the barony also scored war points for Ansteorra for their knife, axe and spear throwing.  While I do not know everyone who contributed to Namron's overall contribution in this skill, I do know that Lady Jacqueline scored two war points throwing axes and I scored two war points throwing knives (I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing...two new mothers throwing sharp objects, lol)

Vincenti and several other members of the barony also competed for war points on the archery field.  The archery war point competitions consisted of shooting a narrow strip, simulating a castle window, from 20 yards and a clout shoot.

Many others in the barony, including myself, are also now proud owners of middle eastern drums, so hopefully we will all learn how to play soon and can help to accompany anyone interested in middle eastern dance.

A special thank you to Cat and Orlando for organizing the meal plan and everyone who helped cook and clean up after meals.

Also, be sure to ask Loemax next time you see him about his special announcement from war....

I am sorry this is so vague.  We were so overwhelmed with living the dream that it will probably take several weeks for us to process and take in the wonderful experience.

YIS,

"THE VERY SLEEPY"

Lady Adelheid Lilje