[Namron] Reports from WAR?

Charles Asbery greygunslinger at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 16:48:56 PDT 2009

To the Barony of Namron:

I wanted to let you know that it was a great honor to have the Storm Guard
fighting beside the Liondragon Guard for many of the battles.  You Guys
Rock!!!  I found your unit's enthusiasm, ferocity, and cohesion both
comforting and oddly familiar.  I also know many other fighters in the Provence who feel the
same way and now carry an even greater respect for you.

It takes a lot of dedication to carry a Scutum on the battlefield.
Weighing in at over 13 pounds, you must lug it over every grueling foot of battlefield,
only to then be smashed into over and over again as the enemy tries to break
not only your line, but your sprit itself.  To even wield it properly, you
must turn so that your back is completely defenseless to wrap shots.  To
top it all off, because all of your kills will be in EXTREAM close quarters,
you must carry a very short weapon so that it will not get tangled in the fray
of battle thus meaning that your kills will be few and very risky.  You
sacrifice all of this individual ability so that others such as your spearmen
and archers will have a safe harbor to weather the storm of battle and a
foundation upon which to strengthen there own offensive ability.  Those of
you who carried a Scutum now share a bond with many Mooneschadeen that will at
least get you a cheap beer and a pat on the back in our camp.

Talking about camp, it was also good to camp next to you.  The only thing
better than your company was the beer and food you shared with us.

I really enjoyed making your scutums at your Baron's request.  I also
appreciate his advice and guidance about combat archery that helped us field 4
crossbows this year.

I hope that next year, you will bring forth even more troops to the field
willing to loyally fight in your Barony's colours and add to the strength of
our Northern Army.  As such, if you need more Scutums for next year, or
even armour for that matter, I would be happy to help you.
356 days till Gulf Wars!!!

Lord Charles the Grey of Mooneschadowe

P.S.  I hope that the kingdom pavilion is worth more than $10.  It
took a lot of people's time in the Provence
to paint the kingdom arms upon it.