[Namron] Populace Meeting Notes, 06 Oct 09

William Herron fitzbubba at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 08:09:00 PDT 2009

Any errors or mistakes are my own.  If you want to post a correction,
please include me in your reply so that I can update the copy I keep
for my office.

Bubba
Deputy Seneschal

===

Populace Meeting - 10/6/09
Norman Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Norman

Starts at 7:44pm.

Treasurer – gate sign up for Protectorate is being passed around.
Please volunteer.  “We have money.”  I have check request forms if
anyone needs them.

Chronicler – all good, I’m accepting applications for my office.

Rapier Marshal – thanks to everyone who went to Three Queens.
Practice is on Tuesdays starting at 7pm.  We’re moving it to Sellers
Park which is near the Recreation Center (8303 S. Villa Avenue,
Oklahoma City, 73159). I have maps to the park.

Hospitaler – Protectorate is this weekend.  Please send new people to
me so I can meet them.

Master Ulf – from now on, no matter who holds the office, the thrown
weapons marshal should be called “Lord Duck”.

Thrown Weapons – no practice this weekend, see you at Protectorate.
I’m teaching people “how to throw”.

A&S – still need goodies for the prize baskets for our Protectors this
weekend.  Also, let me know if you’re doing any A&S activities.

Knight Marshal (Jacqueline for Loemax) – all practices in September
were cancelled due to lack of interest.  I can continue to hold
practice on Sunday if people are interested…call me and let me know.
Please bring tiki torches for the Torchlight Tournament at
Protectorate.  Kylie is the waterbearer coordinator for the event…see
her to volunteer or donate stuff.  I need marshals on Saturday.

There was a discussion in the room about the possibility of moving
fighter practices back to Norman.

Archery Marshal – thanks to everyone for attending/helping at Grand
Assembly of Archers

Web Minister – please check the Web page for your personal
information…is it accurate?  Let me know.

Herald – Protectorate is our event to shine.  Need lots of help with
heraldry.  Discussion about children heralding on the field…any one
can be on the field until combat starts, so children could herald and
then the fighters can’t start until they’ve cleared.

Protectorate autocrat – site opens 3pm Friday, closes noon Sunday.
Need lots of volunteers.  Torchlight Tourney on Friday night, wedding
on Saturday, barony’s 30th anniversary party on Saturday night.
Meeting at the shed at 6:30pm Wednesday.

Protectorate feastocrat – get-together at Cat and Orlando’s Wednesday
night to finish up baking bread for the feast.  Kylie is coordinating
the servers.  If you have time, please stop by the kitchen and help
out even if it’s just something small.

Seneschal – we’re going to bid for King’s College in the summer of
2010, bids due by November populace meeting, we’ve had no applications
for Med Faire liaison so the position will remain open until filled.

Baron – thanks to everyone that helped/attended Grand Assembly of
Archers.  See you all at Protectorate.

Ended at 8:30pm

There was an officers’ meeting after Populace to set up the 2010
budget.  This item is due by the end of October.  Adena took input
from several officers to make sure that specific items were budgeted.