[Namron] Plume Submission / Boiler Plate for Thrown Weapons

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 09:05:56 PDT 2010

Greetings! My name is Lord Vincenti da Murano and I am the Baronial
Thrown Weapons Marshal for the Barony of Namron.

The use of Thrown Weapons started back in the stone age. Archaeological
evidence indicates that Neanderthals employed a wooden spear as a
thrusting weapon, while Cro-Magnons used the spear for throwing at both
human and animal targets. From these primitive beginnings, weapons and
styles evolved in to a variety of forms. The primary ones that we use in
the SCA are the knife, axe, and spear.

During our practice people not only get to work on their skills for each
of the weapons at a variety of distances but we share ideas and styles.
I work with new people on the best throwing techniques for each of them
and how to find your correct throwing distance and style.

Our Thrown Weapons practice is scheduled on the first and 3rd Sunday of
every month at 12:30pm to 2pm, at the home of Lord Kristen, located at
19300 SE 149th Street, Newalla, OK 74857-5307. The entrance is
immediately past Red Oak Lane on the south side.

Loaner gear is available so come out and enjoy!