[Namron] Barony of Namron Populace Meeting Notes 4/05/11

Vallie Copley vallie.copley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 21:07:53 PDT 2011

If there are any corrections that need to be made, please include me in
the reply so I can keep a corrected copy for my records.

YIS,

Margherita
Namron Seneschal

Namron Populace Meeting 4/05/11
Norman Unitarian Universalist Fellowship

Meeting began at 7:40pm

*B & B: *Did everyone have fun this weekend? I think that the Medfair
really went well.We had quite a few newcomers come to the
Embassy.Tonight we have a few newcomers: Cynthia Teague from Norman who
is interested in needlework and has a 9 year old son that is interested
in youth boffer, and a 7 year old daughter that is interested also and a
husband that is on the fence. We also have Matthew Walker and Belinda
Walker from OKC that have been coming to the open A & S nights at the
Hidden Castle.Welcome newcomers. HE Kathryn will be putting together
food for lunch for newcomers at the Wiesenfeuer Baronial any donations
are welcome. Also on Sunday (4-10-11) after the event, we will be having
the siege weapons available for anyone that might be interested in
practicing. We had a great Gulf Wars, the land situation was
questionable, but we are already working on it for next year. We really
had no control over where we were put; we just had to make the best of
what we had. I wanted to let everyone know that I will be being deployed
July 28^th to Kuwait. I know that I don't need to ask this, I know that
Namron will be there for HE Caterina.We are not planning on stepping
down, we are continuing to stay on.

*Hospitaler: *We had a really successful Medfair.Thank you to everyone
that helped and participated.It takes a whole Barony to make it
happen.We have the newcomers meeting scheduled for Thursday April 14^th
at 6pm here at the UU Church.Please I am asking that each of you come
out in force and show what you are able to do.I need docents to answer
questions and also to demonstrate and explain exactly what we do. We
also have Beltane coming up, also we have Wiesenfeuer Baronial this
weekend and we will have a Namron camp with food and drinks for all
newcomers, so they will feel welcome.I will be needing some help serving
throughout the day, I myself will be unable during Saturday evening for
the feast, so will definitely need help at that time.Please let me know
if you are interested in helping.

*Seneschal: *Will be working on things for Beltane, which is coming up.I
also need the officers to get their reports into me today; they are due
on the 5^th of each month. The Chronicler is not present, but she does
have the newsletter uploaded to the Baronial website, HE Orlando and I
have copies if you would like to have a paper copy.The web minister is
also not here due to illness. My name is Margherita de Mantua, my
position is the seneschal, which is the legal representative of the
Barony, keeping things in order, and keeping things running smoothly is
one of the things that I do.Making sure all the reporting is done and
turned in on time, is another thing that I do. Some have said herding
cats is part of it also.

*Medfair Coordinator: *It has been a most successful Medfair, I say Job
Well Done to everyone.The Embassy was very impressive, the living
history with the games was great, the A&S tent will all our creations
was enjoyed by all, the trebuchet's and ballista were wonderful. Thank
you Baron Donnchadh for making it possible to see it in Visio all laid
out.I had the final debriefing with Ann Marie, she loved all that the
SCA had and did, the only problem she had was that we need to keep a
presence until 7pm and no driving onto site until after 7pm.Ann Marie
stated that the fair easily broke 300,000, on Saturday alone it was
about 200,000.Ann Marie has not done the inventory on the t-shirts so
there may still be some available for a $2 discount. Also if we can make
a list of things that went well at the fair and things that did not go
well and get them to me so that we can do a better job next year it
would be greatly appreciated.

*Master Finnacan Dubh: *I received an odd request-Lets have a quest at
Beltane-quests are rare and a lot of work, its like walking through a
life size board game, but they can be a lot of fun.The following will be
my list of participants for the quest, we will be having another Beltane
planning meeting before and can work together as a group also we will be
meeting Friday night at Beltane for a meeting also to discuss the
quest.People can dress up as their favorite character and feel free to
walk through the quest, but I need these specific people to meet with me
as a group:

*Duchess*: Vanessa*Caterpillar*: Gwyneth

*Child*: Megan*DoDo*: Chris

*White Rabbit*: Donnchadh*Door Mouse*: Belinda (newcomer)

*Tweedle Dee*: Kylee*March Hare*: Alexander

*Tweedle Dum*: Adena*Mad Hatter*: Finnacan

*Chester Cat*: Maleah

*Knights Marshal: *My name is Alexander Marcellus and I am the Knights
Marshal for the Barony of Namron for chivalric or armored combat, I make
sure that practice goes off each week in a safe manner.I am the safety
officer and in a semi-limited basis I teach.We have practice on
Wednesday nights at 7:00-7:30 pm at the Sellers Center in South OKC. It
is an indoor practice. If you are interested in armored combat or want
to watch armored combat come on down, we do have loaner equipment available.

*Rapier Marshal: *My name is Jacq and I am the safety officer for rapier
combat, which is like Zorro or the fighting in Princess Bride. We have
practice on Tuesday nights at 7:00pm at the Sellers Center on SW 82^nd
and Villa. We have loaner equipment available. At practice we have been
using a 16^th century rapier manual to learn from.I feel the Medfair was
a lot of fun and full of excitement with the List Heralds translating
the fighting into something the crowds could understand.

*Archery Marshal: *My name is Vincenti da Murano I conduct the archery
practices each week on Sunday at 2pm at Lord Christian's land which is
east of I-35 on 19^th street in Moore you go about 9 or 10 miles east. I
am the safety officer for archery. We have loaner bows and arrows
available.I wanted to let you all know what is coming up at the event
this weekend for Wiesenfeuer: Rapier and Chivalric inspection at 9am on
Saturday, Court at 10am, the list to start 30 minutes after Court.
Archery competition will be held on Sunday morning after morning Court.
The archery field will be available all day on Saturday for practice.The
archery field and the rapier and chivalric list fields will be next to
D'Alders house.So there will be camping available in the bottom where
the sand is.

*Treasurer: *My name is Adena Terrickdoutter and my position is who
handles the financial part of the Barony.I am still planning on stepping
down from my office in August.If anyone is interested please let me know
and we can work together on Beltane and I can show you the reports that
are required for this office.

*Lord Christopher: *The web minister asked me to make an announcement to
the Knights Marshal and the A & S Minister to get in contact with her,
because people have left information on the website looking for more
information concerning your two areas.She wasn't for sure if you had
gotten that information or not.

*Baroness Gwyneth: *Lord Alexander I would like to thank you for helping
me get back to my car on Friday with the help of the little yellow
wagon.Also Abdullah has been dumpster diving and he has a few things in
the other room on the table for anyone who wants them.

*Lord Rostislav: *I was wondering in anyone knew of any of the armor
that I donated to the Barony, years ago, where the armor might be. I
would be interested in getting it back if possible. I donated
vambracers, gorget, articulated elbows. I did find the legs. If anyone
knows where I might can find them please let me know. Thank you.

*B&B*: Thank you to all the officers for their reports. Final artwork
for the competition at Beltane will be due by April 15^th .Also will
need a release form with it.This needs to be a basic motif.If anyone is
interested in finding out more please get with us after the meeting. We
are Barone Orlando Giovanni di Gilead and Baronessa Caterina Giovanni di
Gilead. The crown appoints us after a poll of the populace. We have
limited control in Baronial issues. We are responsible for the Pomp and
Pageantry for the Barony.

*Master Tadhg: *There will be a lecture tomorrow at the OCCE forum
presenting "The Albigension Inquisition. Also on Friday there will be
Canterbury Tales at Meacham Auditorium.

*B&B: *We call forth Trae MacTadhg to come before us. This young man at
Gulf Wars was always helping out, whether that was with helping with
firewood, helping haul the trebuchet to the field, helping with set up
and tear down or helping keep the camp area clean.We wanted to have a
little recognition of what a fine young man he is and how he has helped
the Barony.Thank you.

Meeting ended 8:40pm