[Namron] Newcomers' Meeting

Chris McKinley baguakali at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:12:25 PDT 2011

I have reserved Thursday April the 14th starting at 6:00 p.m. for the
Newcomers' Meeting to greet all the folks we had come visit us at Med Faire
this year.  We had even more names this year on the signup sheets for more
information than we had last year.  Last year, the populace of Namron really
stepped up and provided an excellent turnout for the meeting as well as
really great interactive demonstrations of all the various activities that
we in the SCA pursue.  I'd like to request that we do it again this year
even bigger and better.  Please come out Thursday night in garb and bring
the things you need to provide a demonstration of your favorite SCA
activities.

This is our chance to strike while the iron is hot and follow up on the
newcomer interest we had at Med Faire and to begin friendships with those
who might wish to join us.  In addition to demonstrators of the various
activities, I'll also need docents to interact with the newcomers and
provide explanations and answer questions regarding what they're seeing
demonstrated.  Please help in any way you can to make this welcoming of our
new friends a success.  Thank you.

Ld. Christopher MacFionndlaigh
Namron Hospitaler