[Namron] Communication Re: March 2011 Officer Meeting Notes

Susan Tillery sutillery at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 20 09:05:16 PDT 2011

Thank you,

I knew it was not an accomplished fact and I did not mean to imply intent only possible effect as you have said.  Discussion is good and should take place in many forums.  We are not all comfortable in an electronic forum nor is everyone equally connected.

This problem of communication is not new. It predates popular acceptance of the internet.  In the old days, I would call friends and groups I thought might not have heard to help ensure that word got out about meetings, parties, and other activities.  There were times when I had to rely on others to do the same for me when I was not part of the more active group.

It is important to remember that, even on the web, not everyone is part of any or all the groups.  As many forms of media as possible should be used to discuss important matters. Social networking, email, phone and face to face discussions all have their place and groups who prefer them. I, for one, have a very small group of Facebook friends and limit my activity on social networking sites.  I know people who do not even use personal email and others, who are computer professionals, who avoid social networking for security reasons.  I live fairly far away and go to face to face meetings rarely so I rely on print, email and occasional visits to websites to learn what is happening.

I thank all concerned for the monthly meeting minutes and discussions I do see. I am isolated and do not expect to hear about everything. I do appreciate those who take the time to share with friends and others to keep the community alive and vibrant.

AEla