[Namron] August 15th, 2011 Officer Meeting Notes

Vallie Copley vallie.copley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 20:43:28 PDT 2011

Here are the officers meeting notes from 8/15/11, if there are any
corrections please let me know so that I can correct my records.

Margherita de Mantua
Namron Seneschal

*Seneschal: *Chronicler position is currently open; Lyric will still be
covering until we get an application and replacement. We have new
Hospitaler, Afsenae and new Treasurer, Kathryn on September 1. We have
Laurel's Prize Tourney coming up and preparing for it. There are some
workdays at Camp Cimarron coming up on September 10th, 24th and October
1st. For anyone interested in going out and helping with Camp Cimarron.
We will be having Protectorate there this year and possibly Beltane. We
should all be thinking about if there is anyone in our area who we think
deserves an award, whether it be Baronial or Kingdom type awards, you
submit them online for Kingdom and if you want to suggest an baronial,
you need to email Their Excellencies. By recommending people for awards
it gives them a thank you for all their hard work, whether that be in
service or arts and science.  Archery Marshal not present, due to
picking up HE at the airport, but he did submit this report: *Archery
Marshal:* practices have been slow due to the heat, but we had practice
yesterday (Aug 14th) for the first time in a while and we had 7 archers
show up, one of them being a brand new archer and new to the SCA,
Rosabella Ricci di Lucca. We will be expecting to have more archery
practices now that the heat has started to relent some.

*Chivalric Marshal:* we have a good amount of loaner equipment right
now. Every 2nd Wednesday of the month we have several knights and
centurions that make it out to practice. Still working on the 4th
Wednesday to be the traveling practice. We will be having a NRFP at the
end of August, look to the Namron list and face book for the time and
place. We have been averaging 7-8 people on practices. I have a new
deputy Jason, that comes from the South and he shows great promise. I am
still working on the format for the torch light tourney at Protectorate,
anyone that has any ideas or suggestions; please let me know, as I am
open for any suggestions.

*Treasurer:* still have not deposited the gulf war check in the amount
of $202, but the checking account balance right now is about $6,000. I
will be doing the LPT event report and Kathryn will take over with the
August monthly report.

*Rapier Marshal:* practices going good at Sellers Center on Tuesdays at
7pm. We are gearing up for Protectorate.

*Hospitaler:* have been speaking with Wiesenfeuer Hospitaler about
having joint demos possibly and would also like to see about purchasing
a couple of clothes racks, so that the loaner garb can be hung up at
events, so that newbies can see it rather than digging through a tub for
it.

*Herald: *not a lot to report, but will have 3 submissions for this
month, once I get the paperwork done from the individuals. Gearing up
for Protectorate, if anyone is interested or knows someone interested in
site herald please have him or her contact me.

*Webminister*: not present

*Chronicler: *not present

*MOC: *not present

*A & S Minister:* not present

*B & B:* not present

*Lord Aonghas:* where you talked about putting in recommendations for
awards, you will need to check with Their Highness' and see what kind of
time limit for submitting award recommendations, usually they like them
to be in like 6 weeks before an event, maybe 4 weeks.