[Namron] MED FAIR

JOHN variglog at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 4 20:35:06 PST 2011

As I promised at Populace, I am posting the Staff of Director positions we
would like to fill for Medieval Fair.  This year's Fair will be
Friday-Sunday April 1-3 and we will once again be raising the Ansteorran
Embassy upon our Great Lands on the northeast corner of the Fair.  In the
meantime, our first Medieval Fair Planning Meeting will be at 8-ish pm
Thursday Jan. 20 at Lady Droen's Keep which is at 1500 Creekside Dr. in
Norman.  Our meeting will be in conjunction with Bardic.  Please look over
the available Directors positions as our first duty of business that evening
will be to put our Staff together.  If you have any questions, please ring
me at 405.360.4150 or fire an e-mail to variglog at sbcglobal.net.  I will be
out of contact from Jan 7-15; so in that time please contact Lord
Christopher, our Hospitaler at 405.213.9726 if you have any questions.

Now for our Staff of Director openings:

ANSTEORRAN EMBASSY PROVOST - The Provost is the Namron Medieval Fair
Coordinator.  Duties include overseeing the staff of Directors, serving as
liaison between the Barony and the Medieval Fair Staff and assuring the
entire project remains on track and runs as smoothly as possible.

ARTS & SCIENCES DIRECTOR - This Director coordinates and organizes the Arts
& Sciences display Pavilion as well as the Living History Lane.   Also
coordinates with the Staff Director to make sure enough A&S folks are on
duty to assist our patrons.

LIST DIRECTOR - Our List Director oversees the activities of the Main List
Field, including Light and Heavy Fighting Demos and non fighting activities
such as Dance Demos, Short Interactive Plays and other activities to
entertain our patrons.  A key duty will be making sure enough Fighters and
Marshals are available and Fight Demos are ready to go during peak times.
In addition, the LD needs to coordinate with the Entertainment Director for
List scheduling.  The List Director will also oversee the Fighters/Cast
"make ready" tent to make sure it is kept neat and organized.

PATRONS DIRECTOR - This position "defaults" to Lord Chris, our Hospitaler.
He may need to recruit assistants to help wherever and whenever needed.  Our
primary goal here is to RECRUIT AND RETAIN!  Chris can also help with "in
house" Fair publicity, making sure our SCA neighbors are kept up to date.

REFRESHMENTS DIRECTOR - This position includes budgeting and arranging
preparation and presentation for light staff refreshments and in addition,
overseeing water bearing duties for Fighters and other folks working in the
lanes.  We learned last year a simple menu seems to work best.

STAFF DIRECTOR - (aka Lead Cat Herder)  The goal of this position is to make
sure enough folks are on hand to man our various Duty and Demo stations and
make sure there is adequate staff rotation so no one gets "stuck" with
endless duty hours.  Based on past experience, the SD should have a reliable
Deputy.

ENTERTAINMENT DIRECTOR - This will be a really fun position.  In addition to
overseeing our various non Fighting Entertainment Venues and activities,
such as Dancing and Drumming, the ED should come up with "Lane Play"
activities where our folks can really have fun interacting with our patrons.
Think of the various games, skits and such you may have seen or even been
involved in if you've attended a Renaissance Festival or wandered into
different areas of our own Fair.  The ED will coordinate with the List
Director to schedule List time for non fighting activities.  The ED can
hopefully organize some Character Development and Lane Play workshops in the
few weeks before Fair.  Trust me, these can really be a lot of fun and when
we have fun, our patrons have fun!  The ED will also be responsible for
keeping the Embassy as "period" as possible.

SITE DIRECTOR - This position oversees the construction, maintenance and
teardown of site, including organizing transport, build up and tear down
volunteers and other logistics duties.  Ideally this person should be
available throughout the day Wednesday and Thursday to bring the Embassy to
life.  In addition, the Site Manager will help with Embassy design and land
parceling.  The SD will also be responsible for maintaining a safe and clean
Embassy.

REVEL DIRECTOR - By Saturday night, everyone is ready to kick back and relax
before our final push on Sunday and the Revel Director will arrange site and
other activities for this great event.  Working with the Staff Director, the
RD should make sure enough volunteers are on hand for a smooth and
successful Revel.

19:34:00