[Namron] [SkorragardrVirtualSkald] Newbie

Michele Atwood shell.atwood at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 17:43:35 PDT 2011

Welcome Terry!

The SCA covers 600-1600 medieval and renaissance European history, although
people often choose a culture that Europeans would have had contact with
during that time period as well. What can you do? Anything they did then,
from fighting (chivalric which would be your heavy armored fighters to
rapier to combat archery and siege) to arts and sciences ranging from
armorsmithing to cooking, heraldry to weaving, there's multiple lifetimes
worth of things you can do all depending on your interests. If they did it,
there is  a good chance there are folks that research it, recreate it and/or
teach it. There's weekly fighter practice in Shawnee as well as target
archery and thrown weapons practice out close to the Shawnee area. Since
Skorragardr is related to the Barony of Namron (Norman, S. OKC), there are
additional activities shared including an open A&S gathering, rapier
practice, calligraphy and illumination night and bardic each week.

Skorragardr/Namron is pretty lucky in that we have a very well-rounded group
of folks from our fighters to our artisans, and the Barony of Wiesenfeuer in
N. OKC also has some fantastic people who fight and share knowledge and
skills with both groups.

The Skorragardr website with schedules, directions and contact information
for the officers of the Canton is: http://skorragardr.ansteorra.org/

To visit the Barony of Namron website to find information on the additional
shared activities for our area, go to: http://www.baronyofnamron.org/

Hope that gets you started and please do also join the Namron mailing list
as our two groups are very closely related and while many folks try to
remember to copy both groups with information, and/or someone will
cross-post when they don't, a lot of information passes through the Namron
list. You can join the Namron list here:

Glad to have you here. I know I speak for many more than me when I say feel
free to speak up, ask as many questions as you can think of, pester the heck
out of us! There are quite a few folks around here that will be happy to
answer general questions, and if there's something specific you're
interested in, will help point you to the right people.

Yours in service,

Melina