[Namron] Namron Populace Meeting Notes September 6, 2011

Vallie Copley vallie.copley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 21:29:02 PDT 2011

If there are any corrections that need to be made, please send me a copy
so I can correct my records.

  YIS,

  Margherita de Mantua

Namron Seneschal

Namron Populace Meeting 9/06/11
West Wind Unitarian Universalist Congregation

Meeting began at 7:40 pm

*BARONESSA: *I want to congratulate everyone on the wonderful job at
Laurel's Prize Tourney; it was a wonderful sideboard, thank you all for
doing a great job. I will be attending the Moonshadowe event, Triumph of
the Eclipse. I will be taking the baronial tent to put up at the list
field. I will also talk to the autocrats and see if there is an area so
we can have a Namron encampment. I will also be attending this month the
International Festival in Lawton; it is a smaller version of the
medieval faire, on September 23rd, 24^th and 25^th .They always welcome
having anyone who wishes to dress up or bring their armor and suit up
and do fighting demos.

*SENESCHAL: *I will review the officer meeting notes from August:
Chronicler position has closed and us no longer accepting applications;
we are just waiting on Kingdom to announce the new Chronicler. We have
our new Hospitaler, Afsenae and new Treasurer, Kathryn, on September
1^st . There are upcoming workdays at Camp Cimarron, September 10^th ,
24^th and October 1^st , for anyone who wants to go out and help the
friends of campfire to work on various projects. We are holding
Protectorate this year and possibly Beltane next this year at Camp
Cimarron. We need to send in recommendations of people who we feel
deserve awards at this time, at officers meeting Lord Aonghas suggested
that we need to give Their Highness' or Their Majesties' 4-6 weeks
notice of the award recommendations.So we are about 4 weeks from
Protectorate, so if you have any recommendations please send them in. If
you have any baronial award recommendations please send in to Their
Excellencies. *Archery: *haven't been having practices due to the heat,
but we were able to have a practice (August 14^th ) and had 7 archers
with a brand new archer and new to the SCA, Rosabella Ricci di Lucca. We
will be expecting to have more practices since the heat is now starting
to relent some.*Hospitaler: *been speaking with Wiesenfeuer Hospitaler
about having joint demos and also would like to purchase a couple of
clothes racks for the loaner garb, so it can be hung up at events.
*Herald: *had 1 submission and working on a couple of other submissions.
Gearing up for Protectorate, if anyone is interested in site herald,
please contact me.

*TREASURER: *I have completed the LPT event report, and after the
expenses, we made a profit of about $600 and about $250 to Kingdom. We
had 112 adults, 1 child and 1 family.

*RAPIER MARSHAL: *we are averaging 8-9 fighters each week at practice.
We had 8 rapier fighters attend the Academy of the Rapier, a lot of them
new fighters. We had special guests last week at practice Don Avery,
Alexandria Penrose, Gia, Jennifer, Cadet Thomas, all who are instructing
and teaching. We have Triumph of the Eclipse, that several rapier
fighters plan on attending and we also have Protectorate coming up with
several who plan on attending.

*CHIVALRIC MARSHAL: *holding practice at Sellers Park each Wednesday at
7pm. Once or twice a month we have knights and centurions show up and
teach. Centurion Wayland of Durlcok is from Bryn Gwlad and Centurion
Peter McIntyre from Moonshadowe and they showed up at last weeks
practice. I have a new deputy, Jason; he is new to the group, but from
Bryn Gwlad. He has been fighting about 2 years and is doing well. We
will be holding armoring days in the near future, we will have them
either at my home, at Camp Dakani or HE Donnchadh's house. Look to the
list for the dates. I am opening my office for applications; I will be
stepping down in January, when my 2 years will be up.It has been a
wonderful opportunity to serve the barony; we will be accepting
applications until the December Pop meeting.

*PROTECTORATE AUTOCRAT: HE DONNCHADH: *Will be going to Camp Cimarron on
September 10^th for a workday, will also being doing a site survey.
Contact me if anyone wants to car pool. Anyone who has teen activities
that they would like to have at Protectorate please contact me and we
can get them on the website. I believe that HL Ayesha is doing A & S for
teens, and there will also be archery available.The next Protectorate
planning meeting is next Monday September 12^th at the Hidden Castle at 7pm.

*SENESCHAL: *we are passing the hat for donations if anyone is
interested in helping to pay for the dishes that HE Gwyneth prepares for
Their Majesties. We have opened up for bids for Beltane, anyone
interested please send in a bid to Their Excellencies and myself. Also
anyone interested in being a coordinator for Med Faire, please drop an
email to HE Caterina and myself. Baroness Annabelle will be teaching a
class on black work after meeting tonight.

*WOLFGANG: *Ann Marie from the Med Faire, dropped off flyers for Lecture
series that will now run yearly, one lecture per month. This month will
be September 16^th at 7:30 at the Norman Library. Also this Sunday
September 11^th at 2pm to 6pm they are holding open auditions for cast.
Anyone interested in auditioning should show up, no costumes necessary,
at the Norman Library.

*BARONESSA: *This coming weekend will be Barone Orlando's last weekend
in the states, before he ships off to Kuwait.Anyone interested, I will
be putting together a gift package to send over each month to him. I
will put more details of what can and can't be sent over on the list.

Meeting ended at 8:10pm