[Namron] CALLING ALL PERFORMING ARTISANS

Adalia adalia.nyx at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 12:20:26 PST 2012

I know some bards who would have a BLAST with this concept...my only
concern is finding songs in the repertoire that will connect with the fair
goers and not need alot of extended explanation because they are so SCA
specific.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Michael Coone <felemid.macphail at gmail.com>wrote:

> FYI can also do ball and chian with nerf balls for ball part to add to
> effect ....
>
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Michael Coone <felemid.macphail at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> ok ..... will have to make a few types of shackles and post them for
>> people to see...(on my Facebook and if possible on the barony) there are
>> some that really lock and they cost more to make ... but those with simple
>> turn and clip type work well for this .... so even the bard can get out of
>> them ...sometimes as part of act ... if knight think a little chase may
>> draw a bigger group .... having bard screaming like a little girl running
>> around small parties of 10 or so ... differently gets their attention
>> ..with knight bellowing stop in the name of the king....
>>

>> just need a Court member to unlock and lock up the bards ... that job
>> never seams to hard to fill ...
>>

>> maybe we can get some to commit to this scheme .... hopefully with enough
>> time befor med fair to make all teh shackles
>>

>> Felemid MacPhail
>> MKA mike Coone
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM, JOHN <variglog at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>>>  I do happen to have a pair of rusty but reliable shackles, although I
>>> am very bad about loosing the key!****
>>>
>>> ** **
>>>
>>> Wolfgang****
>>>
>>> ** **
>>> *Subject:* Re: [Namron] CALLING ALL PERFORMING ARTISANS
>>> ****
>>>
>>>  ** **
>>>
>>> Also, I wrote to Wolfgang, and gave some thought to the singing taking
>>> place inside a round, list field.  It would be REALLY hard to #1 be loud
>>> enough for the entire crowd to hear and #2 be difficult to connect with
>>> them even if they did hear.  The ideal of taking the bard around to make
>>> good on his dues would give a more intimate feel, even if the bard WAS in
>>> shackles.  LOL****
>>>
>>> ** **
>>>
>>> Oh btw.. what does a pair of those run?  I have a contankerous Spanish
>>> lady that might need a pair to keep track of her esposo.  j/k****
>>>
>>> ** **
>>>
>>> Señor Lorenzo****
>>>
>>> ** **

HL Adalia VonderBerg

There are two ways to be creative.  One can sing and dance.  OR one can
create an environment where singers and dancers flourish - Warren Bennis