[Namron] Youth archery at Wiesenfeuer Baronial

Cynthia Teague cmt1708 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 20:12:07 PDT 2013

Greetings, my lords and ladies!

At Wiesenfeuer Baronial this coming Saturday there will be a youth archery
competition from noon to one.  We are experimenting a little with the
format, and so wanted to announce it early.

There will be two separate parts of the shoot, occurring at the same time.

1)  The competitive part of the shoot will follow the format of Childrens'
Royal Rounds, with targets at 10, 15 and 20 yards.  THIS IS THE PORTION OF
THE SHOOT THAT WILL DETERMINE A WINNER.  Currently there are no children
listed on the Ansteorra archery scores list (
http://scores-sca.org/public/scores_current.php?R=8&Shoot=13) and we hope
that this might be a first step towards changing that.

2)  There will also be a non-competitive shoot for younger children and for
any youth archer who doesn't want to compete in the Royal Rounds.  This
will offer fun targets at closer ranges.

Loaner bows, arrows, and gear will be available.  We encourage all children
to participate, but want to remind parents that you must accompany your
child in order for them to be able to shoot.

Also, because we only have an hour for the shoot, we ask that you arrive a
few minutes before noon in order to register.  We regret that latecomers
will not be allowed to enter the Royal Rounds.

YIS,

Vigdis & Danr