[Namron] New Shed purchase

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 08:54:38 PDT 2013

Greetings!

During the Officers meeting Monday evening it was discussed that Phred the
Shed is over-loaded and that we are moving Archery to Kyna and Andrew's new
place. As part of this move we will be buying / building a new shed out
there that will house all of the Marshalette activity equipment. This will
include Archery, Thrown Weapons, Siege, Chivalric, and Rapier support
equipment. So all of the range stuff and all of the Lyst Field (poles,
bases, ropes) will all be stored out there.

In order for the Barony to pay for it the shed MUST be portable so it must
be something that could be loaded up and taken away.

The space that Kyna and Andrew have approved for the shed already has a
slab that is 15'9" x 8', they have also said that we can add on to the slab
to make it big enough. This can be done by making a small frame, adding
some broken rock to fill it in some, and then mixing up some quikrette and
pouring it on tip - this part would not cost much and it would have to be a
"pass the hat" type deal.

We need a shed that is about 16' x 12', it can be a little biggerbut we
really don't want to go smaller. We do not want one that just fits the slab
because the 8' dimension does not give us much space to work with. Also the
shed needs to have double doors - we move way too much big stuff in and out
of there to try to get through a single door.

To buy a new one is going to cost $3,000 to $4,000. If we can find a used
one we can go with that. The other option is to build one on skids so that
it is portable.

If you have shed prices, options, thoughts, whatever, you must get it to
the financial committee by September 1st. They are going to review
everything and bring the best option to the Barony at Populace meeting on
Wednesday, September 5th for a vote.

HE Caterina, HE Orlando, Lady Margherita and I own a blue trailer that we
are planning to take out there and put the Archery and Thrown Weapons stuff
in so that we can start having Archery and Thrown Weapons Practice again.

Remember this is something that we are working on now, so if you have
thoughts and suggestions you need to get them in quickly or they will not
be considered.

YIS,

Vincenti