[Namron] Norman Mardi Gras Parade

Eckart, Ann M. ameckart at ou.edu
Wed Feb 6 07:24:55 PST 2013

Viva le bon esprit!  It is awesome that SCA and AOA are joining Medieval Fair Cast & Volunteers at the parade!

Only one person from the parade entry has to check in at 5:30 at the Santa Fe Depot.  Trust me it will be chaotic enough there.  The parade entry fee is already paid.

We won't know what number we are in the parade until that evening.  However the parade line-up starts at Main and Comanche.  Medieval Fair will leave one person posted at Main & Comanche to tell everyone else where we are in the lineup.

Following are a few details.  More information is available at the parade website http://www.normanmardigrasparade.com/index.html.

Parking
E. Main, Jones, Peters, Crawford at Main and Comanche at Jones will close at 6:30. Enter from S. Crawford. PLEASE USE THE PARKING LOTS OFF PETERS. DO NOT PARK IN THE STREET, ON JONES OR CRAWFORD SOUTH OF MAIN OR ON COMMANCHE. This will allow the best flow of traffic along the route. The best parking for parade participants is in the Arvest Parking Lot at S. Peters and Comanche. Bands are encouraged to set up behind Bison Witches, then roll into line moving south on Crawford...

Judges Categories The judges will be stationed at Main and Crawford. Plan your most enthusiastic business for the judges. NEW* Best Movers and Shakers (dance krewe), NEW*Chewbaccus - Sci-Fi~ non-petroleum, Best Marchers, Best Music, Best Lights, Norman's Wackiest Family, Best Unidentified Rolling Object, Best Doggie Gras, Norman Spirit Award (theme), and The Flannigan Award (Best overall parade entry).  (Last year we won Best Marchers!)

Awards!
Join us at the Performing Arts Studio (check in) at 8:30 for music, awards and bon esprit (joy). Park your ride in the parking lots out of the streets and join us!

Sincerely (58 days until Medieval Fair),
Ann Marie Eckart
Medieval Fair Coordinator
Phone 405-325-8610     Fax 405-325-0860
ameckart at ou.edu<mailto:ameckart at ou.edu>