[Namron] Namron Officer Notes 1/21/13

Vallie Copley vallie.copley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 20:14:15 PST 2013

Namron Officers Meeting

1/21/13

 *Seneschal: *we have a couple of new officers that have been appointed,
Lord Koke Chinuatai formerly known as Lord Seamus is our new rapier marshal
and Lady Kersten Merilainen is our new Seneschal. We still have a couple of
offices open for application; Archery, Thrown Weapons and MOC. Anyone
interested please send an application to Their Excellencies, the northern
regional and the Seneschal. Next Monday will be the Medieval Faire planning
meeting here at the Hidden Castle at 7:30 pm. Look to the list for more
information. We will be having more Beltane planning meetings and Gulf War
planning meetings.

 *Treasurer: *currently we have $8,400.43 in our checking account. You all
know Kathleen, who is my acting deputy who will take care of the treasurer
needs while I am out with my surgery.

 *Rapier Marshal: *practice is going well, we have several newcomers coming
to practice. In February I will have more coming from my church. I have
appointed Cornelius as my deputy. Practice is held on Tuesday nights at
7:00 pm at Sellers Center.

 *Hospitaler: *I am working on a new list of activities with our meeting
times on it. Anyone that would like to update information, please let me
know. I would like to talk after the next populace meeting to discuss
Medieval Faire and what is expected after the Faire. Would like to have
some beginner classes geared towards newcomers who are interested in A&S
and such to be able to help them and let them know how we work on things
and show them that some things they may have thought were beyond them are
possible.

 *Knights Marshal: *There are several of us, Owen, JP myself, working on a
template on how to recruit and get people more involved and better ways to
sustain the members. Practice is going well on Wednesday nights at 7pm at
Sellers Center. Gulf War is coming up, if anyone needs help in building
armor, repairing armor, or just interested in learning how to get started,
please feel free to contact me. I would like to help anyone and everyone in
order to get people more involved.

 *Archery Marshal: *we had 11 adults and 3 children at this last practice,
with 3 of them as new people, and another 3 that have not been there in a
while. Practices are still on Sunday from 12 noon to 2 pm. Reminder that
all reports will need to be sent in early for March, because a lot of
people will be going out to Gulf Wars and the need to get them in by March 1
st is imperative.

 *A & S Minister: * we have a few classes lined up. We will not be having a
March class due to Gulf Wars. February is brewing; April is subtleties,
have not decided yet if it will be sweet or savory. May will be stump work.

 *B&B: *Talking with our cousins, we were the 1st group to get all 50 coifs
completely done in 1 day. We also were able to get 15 banners completed and
more than 100 combat bolts done, we also had people working on armoring
coats. It was a great day, a lot was accomplished. Gulf War is coming up,
everyone that is going needs to get preregistered and you can sign up for
meal plan at www.gulfwars.baronyofnamron.org. We will be planning another
project work day on Sunday February 10th at Vincenti and Margherita's
house. There will be more information about time on the list. It will most
likely be a pot luck.