[Namron] Letter of Intent for Baron and Baroness of the Barony of Namron - Lord Andrew Turnbull and H.L. Kyna Terricsdottir

Valena De Sonna valena326 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 14:47:34 PST 2014

Greetings unto the Awesome Barony of Namron and the Great Canton of Skorragardr! We are Andrew Turnbull and Kyna Terricsdottir, proud members of this Barony.  We come before you this day to as fellow members of this great Barony and offer to serve as your next Baron and Baroness of Namron and Lord and Lady of Skorragardr.  In coming to this decision we have consulted with past and present Barons and Baronesses in the Northern Region, friends, and family, and we understand that this is not a job to be taken lightly.  We believe that it is important and that it will require dedication from us and support from each of you to help us continue to grow and prosper our Barony and our Canton.  We live in an amazing Barony, filled with multiple thriving communities. It would be easy to rest on the work and accomplishments of the past Barons and Baronesses and simply maintain the status quo. However, we believe that there are a few areas where our Barony could
 grow and improve even more and that we have the time, effort, knowledge and commitment to make this happen.  The Barony of Namron is ever growing and changing. Our Canton to the east, Skorragardr, has many members that have taken it upon themselves to encourage this growth so that it flourishes. They always have an SCA bumper sticker on their car, an informational bookmark in their pocket, or business cards promoting the SCA ready to pass out to interested persons. Skorragardrs efforts have unearthed numerous pockets of interest further to the east. These areas could be cultivated in to new thriving communities with guidance and direction from the Baronial officers.  In the Northern Region, we have many members of the populace who, although they come to events, do not participate in all the SCA has to offer. These members can usually be found in their own camps, leaving only out of necessity. We feel these members could be great assets to our Barony, if
 only someone were to harness their natural abilities. By engaging these groups in local activities, and encouraging these members at local events, we feel these people can benefit personally as well as become assets to the Society as a whole. The SCA is a very dynamic organization with many people of different beliefs, life styles, goals, and thinking. Each person joins the SCA for their own personal reasons.  Andrew was looking for someplace that would allow him to be creative, learn about his heritage, try new things, and to meet people that had similar interests. Andrew met Kyna through the SCA and fell in love with this energetic ball of fire. Because of his love he moved to Namron to be closer to Kyna, then their love grew, they married, and moved in to a new house that absolutely had to be located in Namron. Then he and Kyna offered to allow Archery and Thrown Weapons practice to move to their land where it would be closer for the members of the
 Barony. It also became apparent that more storage was needed so they allowed the Barony to use a concrete slab that was already there and to place a new shed on it to store Baronial property. Andrew’s creative side has led him to do many works of leather and to help others learn how to do it. Because of his efforts he was awarded a Sable Thistle for Leatherworking. Andrew also has a love of Chivalric fighting where he has been recognized with the Ascia Rossa and has been named as Captain of fighting forces for Namron at Gulf Wars this year. Andrew has organized and hosted a number of local and regional fighter practices to help teach, learn, and grow. Kyna, although born in to the SCA, stayed because of her love of service, and a desire to explore her creative side, for her the SCA has never been about friends that are like family, it has always been her family. This love of service and family has driven her to work with the children and future of
 Ansteorra where she was recognized for her efforts with the Award of the Compass Rose of Ansteorra. Her concern for the fighters and for what they give has made her very passionate about Water Bearing and being List Mistress, these efforts have been recognized not just by Namron, or the Northern Region, or even Ansteorra, her passion has led her to being in charge of water bearing for all of Gulf War and has earned her the Star of Merit. She is a proud member of the Order of the Heart of the Sable Storm and continues to work to improve the Barony of Namron. Kyna and Andrew both love bardic, pageantry, the pretty medieval things, like painted pavilions and silk banners, or period garb with authentic accessories. They enjoy learning and improving themselves and helping all those around them. One of their goals is to share this love with the Northern Region and all of Ansteorra by having weekly and monthly classes and workshops to help people make things
 they are proud of and be able to improve this game for everyone.  Our love for the Barony of Namron drove us to compose this letter and offer ourselves to the Kingdom of Ansteorra to be Her representatives. If we are chosen, we will strive to honor Her and all those who came before us with our words and actions. If we are not chosen we will support the Crown’s decision and continue to work to better our Barony, our Kingdom, and our Dream.  In Service to the Dream,  Lord Andrew Turnbull		H.L. Kyna Terricsdottir
Andrew Steeley			Kylie Steeley Turnbull570 at yahoo.com Kynaterricsdottir at yahoo.com (405) 626-6276 (405) 626-1037