[Namron] Norman Medieval Fair lyst field activities

Day, Jack W. via Namron namron at lists.ansteorra.org
Mon Feb 22 13:58:04 PST 2016

Greetings,

I'll be heading the lyst field activities at the Medieval Fair this year, and I'd like to get an idea of everyone interested in heading part of the entertainment. I'd like to create a schedule like we had last year to help ensure that we've something happening on the field as much as possible. As in the past, we are expecting to have adult and youth fighting (both Chivalric and Fencing), Courtly Dance (ideally with live musicians), Middle-Eastern dancing/drumming, and Bardic. Currently I have the following people heading specific activities:

Rapier: Currently open (though I'm happy to do it)
Chivalric: Currently open
Youth Rapier: Currently open
Youth Chivalric: Currently open
Dancing/Music: Judith Jo High
Bardic: Currently open
Period games: Sara Day

I'm interested in having other activities/demonstrations all weekend, if people are available and willing to hold the field to display their arts. I'm especially interested in activities for Friday, as we tend to have a greater risk of an empty lyst field as many people have to work. Ideally, Friday's activities should be geared more towards children as many schools are in attendance (I may see about running something Foolery related, for example).

If you've interest in heading one of the the activities above or would like to suggest/run another activity, please let me know.

Thanks!

Cornelius Merilainen